MY MEMORIAL EXPERIENCE

by cyber-sista 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Highlander
    Highlander

Trying to help a JW escape from the WTBTS is like desperatly reaching out to a drowning man. But, instead of him grabbing your hand he turns away frantically into deeper water to get away from you....

Good point, or worse yet, when you jump in to save the drowning man, that person panics and results in the both of you drowning.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

Welcome Mahju-

I know the "scary" part of joining in here, so WELCOME!! YOu are so NOT crazy for asking questions. Being raised a JW you are taught it's wrong to question anything. I know many here have been DF'ed for asking questions. I asked questions because I was genuinely confused about certain teachings. Right away the elders turned things on me, and asked "WHY are you asking these things?" "WHO told you to ask these things?" I was terrified when they did this, so I started to research on my own and I was shocked at the things I found out. The only reason I haven't been DFed is because I've faded away and moved 1,000 miles away to start my life over.

You are welcome to ask questions here! You no doubt will receive many different answers and opinions but you can pick and choose what you'd like to listen to. Many here will try to answer as best as they can. Some are very angry at the treatment they have received and that can be reflected in their comments.

Keep asking questions. It's healthy and NORMAL!

-freedomlover

• garybuss
    garybuss

Welcome mahju,
    Be careful with those questions :-) The answers have a way of turning confused to pissed:-) I went from pissed on, to pissed off, to just . . . off.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That is the heart of this org one without love a very strangee fact for an org that claims to be the one and only true religion on earth today and since 1919 approved and chosen directly by God. But without love any religion is nothing.

• unique1
    unique1

It is awful that poor girl was disfellowshipped on the spot for merely asking questions. I am glad you and your daughter have been able to escape.

On a side note: Welcome newbie.

• zions watchman
    zions watchman

Be GLAD they did'nt show you that bottle-up LOVE they splash on like toilette water to get there numbers up at the meeting.

• jw
    jw

Is it true that I can be DF'd for questioning? That would destroy my family.

I ask questions all the time. What they don't care for is if you argue or debate them.

Just ask then check out what they tell you from the scriptures.

Then follow the scriptures.

• jw
    jw

OK, I have a question if you don't mind. Of the millions of people on earth who have studied the Bible for years, why would the JWs have the correct understanding of it? They are human and they do not have all the answers. They are not always correct. It is each individuals responsibility to pray to jehovah for understanding of the bible and truth. They can only aide us. Why did all the others go wrong and the JWs find the correct path to accurate knowledge? They teach the bible. Where as other religions don't or have their own version of the bible. And they encourage you to pray for accurate knowledge and understanding. Other religions don't. Others have prayed and tried their best to live as God would like them to and yet they have found a different understanding of what God wants than have JWs. Well that would all depend on what they have found. And I don't have knowledge of that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit