Goodbye, and Thanks For All the Fish......

by Prisca 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

Dear All,

It is with much regret that I have decided to leave JW.com.

It is not a decision I have made lightly, in fact I had been thinking about it for many weeks now.

I am leaving because I cannot be a part of a forum that condones abuse and deliberate offensiveness towards other posters. I am disappointed in the way Simon has let this place degenerate over the past 6 months. But it's his forum, and I am under no obligation to be a part of it. I have lived with abuse in my past, and one thing I have learnt is that you do not have to put yourself in situations where you will be abused.

Posting on this site is no a longer pleasant activity. I cannot post one word without thinking that I could be abused for the opinions I state. Intellectual debate is fine, but personal insults (ala being called an a***hole every 5 mins) is not acceptable.

I have made many friends during my time here, some whom I now consider personal friends. Some I have had the pleasure of meeting, others I hope to one day meet. I thank all those who have supported me during my time here, your encouragement has been invaluable.

I may come back at a later time if this place improves.

Otherwise I wish everyone well in their spiritual journey.

Take care,
    Prisca.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I hope you come back soon. The more people like you we loose the more other posters who do name call etc. wins. I will write you from time to time.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

Amen Prisca,
    This is the only thing that might wake up our not-so-moderator and his raft of 'free speech' (translated: slander and insult) hooligans.
    I have a good place for you to visit if you like, send me an e-mail.
    Rex

• lisaBObeesa
  • bboyneko
    bboyneko
    I am disappointed in the way Simon has let this place degenerate over the past 6 months. But it's his forum, and I am under no obligation to be a part of it. I have lived with abuse in my past, and one thing I have learnt is that you do not have to put yourself in situations where you will be abused.

Oh my god not another whiner who has to announce that they are leaving. 'Boo-hoo hoo I cannot take people arguing, until this place becomes one where everyone is with total agreement and everyone hugs then i will leave.

THIS IS LIKE THE REAL WORLD...people do NOT agree with another, and like children they behave 99% emotionally to an intellectual issue and call people names. You need to look past that and remain being confident in your opinion and realzing that people who name-call are behaving like 2 year-olds.

Don't throw out the baby and his 3 brothers and sisters out with the bathwater just because there is negativity. I beleive Simon is wise and alloiwng freedom for all here. The internet has thrived because it a giant forumn where you can say anything, read anything, do anything and not have authorities breathing down your back.

Just take a mature stand and never call people names back, let their own words speak for their character.

-Dan

• Satanus
    Satanus

Prisca

I don't blame ya. I'm only new here, and after what happened here a while ago....Hmmm

Good luck
    All the best

S

• jonjonsimons
    jonjonsimons

Prisca,
    Please rethink this. I for one am glad you are here. Do we see eye to eye on all things, no. But I think you are a very special person with a very special outlook on life and I don't want you to go. If you make me, I will beg on hands and knees!!!!! (I know, not the kind of man servant you were hoping for but I'll see if Dave is free and I'll have him take over for me later!)
    Please don't go!!!!! Please!!!!! I need you to stay. I realize that's not much, but I need you, so please think about it!!!

Peace and love to you and yours,
    Jon (with his heart on his sleeve and on his knees begging)

• Satanus
    Satanus

Prisca

Great book, where you took the quote from. Restaurent at the end of the universe. Can't remember the guys name, but i read all of his books when i was into science fiction.

S

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

SaintSatan, the book is by Douglas Adams, and is one of the five books of the Hitchhiker's Trilogy.

And now.....as to you, Missy Prissy. We need you here. Things sometimes get out of hand, but by and large, this is a good forum, with good people. We don't need to lose any.

Please come back often....and soon. ****HUGS****

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Prisca: I hope you will decide to stay and do what some have chosen to do - exchange posts with those who stay on a nicer and friendlier level. But, maybe some time away may be refreshing. I hope that you will check in to follow the NBC Dateline discussions when they happen, and the New Hampshire lawsuit reports. If not, feel free to email me at [email protected]. I can send you updates from that address as they happen. I will miss seeing you on board, and hope for your soon return [second presence - LOL] - - Amazing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit