Age discrimination... Sort of.

by LtCmd.Lore 3 Replies latest jw friends

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

As you may know I'm 16 years old and still a JW. (I will leave though, trust me). I was just wondering who all here is still in a similar circumstance. Are any of you under 20 and still a witness, or have any of you been raised a witness and decided to leave while you still lived with your parents.

Or anything kind of close to that. I'm looking for input from someone I can realy relate to.

• wombat
    wombat

Hang around Lore...Someone will reply soon.

My nephews and nieces never left until they were mature adults. But, gee, they suffered in the meantime.

I am 60 years old. I really regret that I never took a stance when I was your age. I wasn't a JW then but I would never have become a JW if I had followed my gut instincts.

You sound mature. Don't be intimidated by your age. Take advice, make a decision and have the balls to do it.

Life is a big adventure. (And - here's the big secret - your parents need you much more than what you need them. Don't be blackmailed.)

Best of luck and have a fun life.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I did. I had to hang around a while to get enough $ to leave. Check out my profile.

Also check Richie Rich's posts.

Welcome!

• lucifer
    lucifer

yes I was 16 when I left, I threatened to leave a few times and got in huge fights with my parents( but it was usually about something else, my weapon against them was threatening to leave) I would just stay in bed for the meetings and argue about why I should go somewhere I don't want to be, when I won't even be listening, eventually I just stopped going, but at this point my parents decided to "take a break" and we haven't been back since and a pack of wild horses couldn't get any of us back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit