Current GB—None of the 1975 GB left

by AuldSoul 24 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

It just dawned on me that not one single person from the Governing Body of 1975 is on the Governing Body today.

Here are a few other facts about the current GB:

Geoffrey Jackson was 20 years old in 1975, he was not at risk of being drafted for Viet Nam because he was too young at the time.

Sam Herd and Guy Pierce were 21 the year Sputnik was launched.

Gerrit Lösch was 20 at the dawn of flower power and the free love era in the United States. Of course, his circumstances were very different in the country in which he was located.

David Splane, Stephen Lett, and Anthony Morris were all of an age to be at risk for the Viet Nam draft.

A brief rundown of historical context for 7 of the 10 current GB members. I think this is very interesting. How can they keep sustaining the 1935 farce? My DAD is older than four of the GB members!

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Useful data,i was born 3rd generation JW in 1957 i was 17 in ' 75 and my baby sister was born that year, it was thrilling to know that she would never have to attend public school in 'satan's system'

• acadian
    acadian

Hi guys!

So, I'm wondering, are there any so called "Anointed" on the GB, or are they all Lawyers?

And if theres no FDS left, who is God supposidly talking to at the the WTS ? The Lawyer's? LOL

It makes you wonder why the friend's we left behind don't see it.

acadian

• blondie
    blondie

To date all of the GB past and present have been anointed according to the WTS standards. At the 2005 memorial, the WTS counted 8,524 partakers. Based on that the FDS is still here since the WTS defines the FDS as all the anointed alive on earth at any given moment.

Blondie

• Mrs.Congeniality
    Mrs.Congeniality
    Why is it that the GB does not have to contact the rest of the 144,000 left on earth to ask their opinion if they should change something or not? After all is should me a majority rules situation. As far as I know it is just up to the GB and the rest of the 144,000 are not involved.
  • blondie
    blondie

I will add that the WTS has stated recently that some the anointed will still be on earth when the end comes and that after Armageddon the brothers trained by the anointed will take over, elders, DOs, COs, non-anointed Bethelites. They also teach that Abraham, David, Moses, and such will get an early resurrection to help administer things on earth. (sound familiar)

Blondie

• Mrs.Congeniality
    Mrs.Congeniality
    Hey blondie, it sounds like they should not have sold the mansion in Calif. that was built for Abraham Issac and Jacob to live in when they return to a paradise on earth.
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia

What about Theo?

• blondie
    blondie

Except for Ted Jaracz.

• ballistic
    ballistic

They look a bit pasty don't they. You would think they'd catch a bit of sunshine with all that field service they don't do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit