Neil Young sets his sights on Bush

by sixsixsixtynine 22 Replies latest social entertainment

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    All Canadians hate America!

Yeah, but it's America's fault for not exporting enough Krunchers potato chips to Canada. The only time I can find any is when I visit the USA.

W

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I say bravo Neil! If you don't like his message don't listen to it. A lot of us supported Bush right after the 9-11 attacks, does that mean we don't have the right to change our minds later? I think not, on the contrary only a fool is that inflexible.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    If I rememember correctly, Young was in Bush's corner right after 9/11 & supported the Patriot Act.

Yes, you remember correctly.

And, if you'd actually read the article above, you'd have noticedthey mentioned that.

I missed that. My bad. Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

G W? for the record I think he may be the worst of the modern presidents by far... not the brightest tool on the workbench by anyones standards.

Now, Neil Young.... I love the guy .... maybe the only rock and roll icon I can outsing and outplay... all 3 cords of him. Been a fan of Neil in every band he's ever been with. He does great things for disabled kids.

Mr Young's opinions are his opinion. I dont think he's on any fast track of politcal thought here.... been there done that during Vietnam.

Rust never sleeps!

~Hill

• JAVA
    JAVA

Way to go Neil, he can sing, play--and think!

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Bush will really have to start worrying when Cheney starts "blasting" him!!!

I think Neil Young is just voicing the opinion of the majority in the U.S. and abroad right now. Even Tony Blair cancelled a trip to Washington because of how it would look to be seen with GW!!! I don't know when that has ever happened!

Swalker

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Tony Blair cancelled a trip to Washington because of how it would look to be seen with GW!!!

Yeah that's why I cancelled mine too. Only joking! I honestly haven't seen that in the news and I watch quite a lot of it.

• SWALKER
  • ballistic
    ballistic

Thanks for the link. But I can't help thinking that the motives for cancelling a trip must be speculative. I mean, can you imagine a reporter asking Blair, "why are you cancelling your trip to Washington?" and Blair replies, "you know what, that Bush guy, I just can't risk being seen with him in a run up to an election."

• heathen
    heathen

I think it great that people can still produce music the government would rather see not produced . I really think we are taking great steps toward a totalitarian regime in the US, I really don't expect to see stuff like that much longer . I remember the Dixie chicks got bashed big time and probly started hurting financially. The government is clearly out of line with their strategy of deemonizing people because they aren't supporting the current adminstration war policies and tampering with the constitution. Now if Neil would have consulted me on this it would have been a little more radical ............ HE HE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit