A New Voice

by apfergus 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Welcome Fergus, glad to have you here.

• apfergus
    apfergus

LGBT is just Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender--a blanket term to refer to anyone who identifies as any superposition of those.

• general
    general

Physicist??
    What area of physics are you going to specialize in??

I particulary find particle physics fascinating...

I like Nuclear Chemistry and Nuclear Physics especially the process that goes into accelerating a neutron into the nucleus of a U-235 isotope to induce Nuclear Fission...

I want to be a Chemist someday and I would love to discuss physics/chemistry with you via JWD...

General

• kid-A
    kid-A

Welcome Apfergus, you sound really cool. I look forward to your posts.

I'm a professor in the life sciences, currently in basic academic research, so its refreshing to have someone from the physical sciences on board !

• Fleur
    Fleur

Welcome, Fergus, happy to have you with us! You're already among friends here :)

I look forward to hearing your voice around here!

hugs

essie

• apfergus
    apfergus

Whoah. Sorry about the delay. But as to what area of physics I'm in, I work on neutrino physics. I'm working on Mini-BooNE (Booster Neutrino Experiment) at the moment, but I've been involved in a couple other things on the side. It's all really cool, or at least I think so.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

So...physics...are we talking theoretical physics? Zero-Point Field theory? Or are you more into the "solidly" confirmed physics (as oxymoronic as such a description may be to a true physicist)?

Welcome to the forum!

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

And he answers while I type. Do tell: what sort of results does one get from a mini-BooNE and what does it tell us about or predict about the nature of life, the universe, and everything? Most pressingly, is the answer 42?

• Severus
    Severus

Deleted for repetition

• lilybird
    lilybird

Hi apfergus.. welcome to the forum!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit