Pics are up of nigeria assembly hall

by loosie 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• loosie
    loosie

altaltalt

Ok am I spoiled because I live in america? This assembly hall doesn't seem adequate for the weather in nigeria. No walls to keeps the insects away. The air conditioning consists of 2 fans. Surely an indoor airconditioned place can be afforded. I wouldn't want to spend hours there.

• anewme
    anewme

It looks very nice. It has a good feeling about it. It touches my heart that so many are seated so peacefully, waiting for instructions how to get to paradise.

• anewme
    anewme

Look how colorfully the women are dressed and how fine the men look in their suits. They are putting forth a big effort to attend. (Probably alot of those stories of paddling a crocodile infested river 10 miles with no money, 6 children and one paddle)

• merfi
    merfi

The speaker stand has always given me the willies. Dunno why....

Nice place. I guess.

~merfi

• LDH
    LDH

These pictures make me very sad, don't know why other than to say the last thing already repressed people need is Religion from The Man.

They look so...Americanized.

That's probably a big part of the attraction for them, unfortunately.

As for the part about the Assembly hall being 'not sufficient' let's just say I knew a JW who traveled to Nigeria. Upon his return he was quite chagrined to tell us the "brothers" over there pray for the "brothers" over here who so easily get caught up in Materialistic Pursuits TM . So imagine how great that is to have a dedicated pool of believers who don't have standards because the New System is just around the corner.

Shit, you can slap up an Assembly Hall in about 24 hours and add it to your list of Godly Properties.

Lisa

4 Hotels on Broadway Class

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

as Ray Franz put it, "spiritual materialism'.

• Quotes
    Quotes

This makes me sad and angry: More White Men taking advantage of Black folks.

And I see many of the "Brothers" (no pun intended) wearing dress-shirt-and-tie. Oh, GREAT WTS. Just wipe out their dress and grooming culture too! It isn't enough that you are wiping out their religious culture, you have to make them look like dorkey American business men too! GGGGGGRRRRR!!!!!

It almost make me feel good to know that some fellow Nigerians are sticking it to The Man my running their email scams.

Hey, you don't suppose there will be a part at the assembly: "Well Brothers and Sisters, before I 'got the truth' I was a person of the world, and would send email to people saying if they could help me free illegally obtained money, I would share it with them."

~Q

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Splane: the epitome of dumb dubness. That guy is probably the most obviously deluded, deranged person I have ever heard.

• heathen
    heathen

I agree they went cheapo on those people . You would think the exspense in nigeria wouldn't be near the cost of the US but they still couldn't give these people air conditioning ? or some walls to keep the deadly snakes or the tse tse flys away .

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"Splane: the epitome of dumb dubness. That guy is probably the most obviously deluded, deranged person I have ever heard."

Im sorry, for some reason I was thinking of Steven Lett, not David Splane. The above perception was of Lett.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit