To Snitch or Not To Snitch and HOW?

by Inquisitor 36 Replies latest jw friends

• dvw
    dvw

i would not do it. china is a bad bad place. they sell organs from executed criminals, on an as needed basis. they have no conscience. the imported witnesses certainly have dub contacts over there. what if some of these chinese dubs have children who get caught in the cross hairs? man, you would have to live with that for the rest of your life.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Ok I get the picture. Missionaries suffer-Bad. Our JW families and friends turn more paranoid-Bad.

WT expansion efforts in China spoiled- Good, but not good enough.

What about the Chinese people? Or the population of any other state that has banned JWs?

What about them? No one has addressed this part of my question yet I don't think.

INQ

• jgnat
    jgnat

Don't snitch.

Does it EVER work to forcibly rip people out of their delusion? Ever? I imagine it's like those SF movies where people are trapped in a computer simulation with those mad hats and all the wires. Ripping them out before their time could cause permanent damage.

I am also reminded of the forcible outing of a local gay politician. The activist thought they were doing the person a favor. But they are not living that man's life and did not appreciate the aftermath in that man's life.

It's wrong to "out" people before their time.

• penny2
    penny2

Hi Inq

I admit I hate the term "un-Australian" too when politicians use it. What I should have said was, "that's not very Australian". By "Australian", I mean, the layback, she'll be right, throw another lamb chop on the barbie and have a beer type of Oz. Live and let live. Give 'em a fair go. Don't dob in another Aussie, or anyone for that matter. Don't let "van Nyugen" types (ie drug dealers) hang when they get caught in Asia. So DON'T put missionaries in a position where they could be tortured.

penny2

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Seems excessive - and an attack on the wrong target. If you did this, and it was ever found out, it would be masive propaganda to fuel the Watchtower machine in it's attack on apostates. Even if they did not find out - they would still turn it into an object lesson to drive loyalty like they did with past incidents like the witness missionary to China - King I think was his name - they prob still refer to him 50 years later.

I vote -don't do it.

Jeff

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Dear Penny2

I know I sounded harsh with my comments yesterday. Sorry if I caused any offence. I was in a funny mood and read your remarks in a certain way. Not a good combination.

Cheers

INQ

• penny2
    penny2

Thanks Inq, no offence taken.

penny2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit