To Snitch or Not To Snitch and HOW?

by Inquisitor 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Tea4Two

Unless I'm wrong, I believe Scully meant that the WTS has been cunning enough to ensure that the Mother would not be harmed by the Missionaries' arrest. There are arrangements to remove anything that would legally implicate the WTS. I know this can be true for I have seen such an exercise of discretion by the WTS in another issue.

However that does not rule out the WTS providing legal defense etc...

INQ

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor
    They pretty much send missionaries into banned territory with the admonition to "die there if necessary" and not have any expectations of assistance should they be caught or if they fall ill behind the "iron curtain"

I didn't know that.

INQ

• ocelot
    ocelot

I wonder how the Australian government feels about its citizens going oversease with intent to break laws like that as well. I guess it would suck if the missionaries got in alot of trouble but on the other hand they are putting the locals at risk when they trick them into joining as well. I really despise missionaries, the world doesn't need anymore damn JWs or chrisitians they spread their filth like some sort of plague.

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two

Thanks Scully...sounds like something SATAN would do!

Turning their back on the Missionaries to save their own asses.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous
    How many of you actually SEARCHED for JWD while you were studying with the Witnesses. Would it not be too little, too late by the time you merely pop a single brick out of the Watchtower??

I'm still unconvinced. If the Watchtower is sacrificing a pawn, why shouldn't I play their game and take it?

Do you really wish to become that which you despise?

Christians in China continue to face imprisonment, beatings and torture. As late as 2002, at least one was sentenced to be executed.

When I was a JW, I intentionally avoided sites like JWD. Sites like this aren't what convinced me to leave. It was deciding to be honest with myself once and for all, no matter the pain or cost. No amount of "guerrilla warfare" would have gotten me to that point until I was ready to take myself there under my own power, until I was at a place in my life where I was ready to do the hard work of living an authentic life on my own terms.

Most people seem to cling even tighter to their conceptions the more direct the attack on their worldview. I personally think it takes a much more subtle approach to get most honest JWs started along the path of independent thought. Many won't be ready for a site like JWD until they've made some progress in working through (perhaps with some gentle nudging) the programming that feeds their fear and formerly willful ignorance.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I wouldn't do that it sounds too underhanded or spooky and it's the WTS itself rather than the R&F that are really guilty of causing harm. Better counter them by letting the Chinese and everyone know who the JWs really are.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor
    Ingenuous: Do you really wish to become that which you despise?

I still fail to se how a pre-emptive strike makes someone more like the WTS. This snitching is carried out in the interests of those who have not been sullied by their deceptive reasonings. I'm surprised that we've needed to remind ourselves that the WTS could care less what effect their doctrines have on people. So why do you say that using underhanded tactics make us as bad as them? Do the ends not justify the means?

As far as I know most of our counter-strategies only takes effect after the WTS has had a go at naive people who know absolutely nothing critical about them. Why can we not make the first move against the propagandists and stem the tide of psychological manipulation?

Why should the WTS be allowed to get away with interfering with people's childhoods, their secular careers, their marriages, their sexual orientation? Why must WE on the other hand, spare the FEW WT henchmen who've KNOWINGLY chosen this path despite the possiblity of martyrdom?

If you knew that a few misled individuals were going to release a biological weapon in a large city tomorrow morning, would you scuttle away to laboratories to tediously make the antidote or would you report them to the authorities? Would you give a hoot whether the authorities would send this people to Guantanamo Bay and secretly torture them? NO! You address the issue that is most important to you and that is the lives of the innocents in that targetted city. NOT THE ATTACKERS. Who cares if their misguided. Tough luck. You choose to be in a war, you pay the penalties of this war.

I gladly welcome anyone to reason with me if you think I'm wrong. But I encourage you to take a hard look at what I've said instead of re-hashing the same "But you're acting just like the WTS". For once, think about the people who'll be affected by the missionary actions. If we're always holding back because of the pawns, can you really overthrow this organization? Do you sincerely think that everyone will be transformed by the truth about the Truth? There will always be pawns. There will always be people who'll choose to be stubbornly misguided, even to the very end.

INQ

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor
    Most people seem to cling even tighter to their conceptions the more direct the attack on their worldview. I personally think it takes a much more subtle approach to get most honest JWs started along the path of independent thought.

I totally agree. You see, I think many misunderstand me when I say the snitching is done on behalf of people who've yet to come into contact with JW missionaries. I'm talking about the masses who have never been exposed to JWs, NOT the fresh converts.

Fresh converts have already heard about apostates and will form biased opinions about us. Booting out their Bible conductors by the thousands will only strengthen their integrity to the WT org.

No, these must be won with gentler tactics, even as victims of a biological agent need treatment and care. Arresting the terrorists makes no difference to them.

But look at the bigger picture, if we spare the missionaries, isn't our task much greater and our counter-propaganda too little, too late, when you have so many more sucked into this religion????

THAT is the scenario I'm talking about.

INQ

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Also, whoever is going to reply to this thread next, would you refrain from talking about how I'm punishing the "6 million JWs" or the entire "rank and file".

PLEASE GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.

I'm talking about snitching on the handful of missionaries in a particular country where they are banned. I don't recall a mass exodus of JWs into China. I know I haven't been attending meetings lately, but surely they haven't left me behind.

INQ

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I knew of a couple who became missionaries. While out in the trenches for Watchtower malaria set in. All Watchtower did was bring them home till "they got better". They were as white as ghosts, and almost died. They were sent back, got it again!. Finally they got "permission" to come home.

Now when ever there's an assembly this guy always has a part. He walks around with a swelled head bigger than the Brooklyn Bridge. All becasue he almost died for Watchtower causes. Big Deal

Dismembered

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit