I got the call today, only one problem

by SickofLies 32 Replies latest jw friends

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

Well I just got home and I have a message on my machine saying that there will be a meeting tomorrow at the Kingdom hall at 8:30pm for my appeal. However, they said on the recording that I will be responsible for getting my own ride there. There in lies the problem as I don't have a car right now.

Any suggestions?

www.watchtower.cc/sickoflies.html

• merfi
    merfi

So -- they think cuz you don't have a ride that they can DF you in absentia?! Meh...

If I was around, I'd jeep ya there.

Can your mom give you a lift? Seems like she's on your side!

~merfi

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

If you really want to do the appeal thing, call a cab if you really have no other way to get there.

Really- Sickoflies, this isn't brain surgery! LOL!

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

I live a ways from the Kingdom hall and a cab would be very expensive. My mom lives in the US and is an 8 hour drive away.

• KW13
    KW13

If its impossible to get there and they know of your 'no car' situation make it clear that you can't make it till there is transport available.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    this isn't brain surgery! LOL!

I might be wrong but I dont think he is worried about how to get there as much as how to make more trouble for the committee? no?

• Highlander
    Highlander

Rent a car? it's cheap, a compact can be rented at about 25 usd per day.

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

I was hoping for some more useful feedback like is there anything I can do, like threaten them with lawyers or a law suit if they don't pick me up?

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

LOL!

okay, just teasing. didn't know you lived far away. I like the rent a car idea. How do you usually get around? Can you borrow a friends car just for the evening?

• KW13
    KW13

i dunno about that, but if they just go ahead with it and forget the appeal then your in a position i am sure to yell a lot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit