Blood, Deceit, Watchtower, Pirie

by hawkaw 37 Replies latest jw friends

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Hawkaw,

Incredible work! But actually, I've only glanced at it. Will be printing it out tomorrow. Got Grandkids crawling all over me now!

Will comment more.

Pat

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Lisa,

What you scanned at the WT web site is the actual blood brochure that is given out to the rank and file and the general public.

I have been working at the quotes in this document for sometime now. It is a very long process but I have more on the go as I type.

As I have said before, their message is one of deception. That is why there is very little talk of blood fractions or the bible.

Are you aware of Maximus, Marvin's and my comments on the Tertullian, Louis XI, Pliny and Joesph Priestley quotations found in the brochure as well as Frank Gorman's Quotation used in the WT Oct 15/00 QFR?

Pat,

Thanks. Oh! A very nice lady told me a lot of nice stories about you!

hawk

• outnfree
    outnfree

Hawk,

This deserves to be bttt, even if I HAVE been too preoccupied lately to digest Pirie's work and comment on it. Brain doesn't work very cohesively under stress. But maybe others will do better.

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Hawkaw,

thanks for the post , and here are
    my few comments:

1*The Wts should have quoted A.Pirie this way :

“A DISSERTATION on BAPTISM, and LETTERS on the SINAI COVENANT ;

together with an INQUIRY into THE LAWFULNESS of EATING BLOOD”
    by Alexander Pirie, Minister of the Gospel, Newburgh, Fife, Printed by J. Pillans & Sons, Lawnmarket, 1806 ".-

2* A very important issue:

"Clearly those texts are speaking of animals being killed for food. Therefore, prohibitions given to Noah had only to do with eating the blood of animals killed for food. The prohibition applied to no more than that, and it was applicable to all mankind. "

3* An excellent reminder, of a basic principle:

"Prohibitions regarding blood only served to instill high regard for life, even animal life. If life were not taken, no prohibition of the Noachian Law was applicable. That conclusion is illustrated in God's provision found at Deuteronomy 14:21."

4* As usual, the WTS quotes from anyone, provided that the quote/s support or seem to support their own argument / position / explanation!
    The most important thing is that the R&F , are given their version or
    opinion …as " light from Jehovah" !

5* The following confirm what I wrote above:

"…on pages 274 and 275 and read the sentences about the “cross” that Jesus died on.."
    "…note the supportive comments about communion and the drinking of the grape (wine) as a symbol of Christ’s blood on pages 276 to 279 of the “Dissertation”.

"Again Pirie supports communion for all parishioners, which I think the Watchtower is against for the most part."

Can you imagine , today a JW believing in such things???

They condemn to " everlasting fire/punishment" anyone who dares to say openly that certain " WTS…TEACHING, VIEWPOINT, OPINION " are not correct, are not Bible based and in the same time
    calling all such ones "apostates, sons of the devil " etc.etc., and yet they use the scolastic work of a " Minister of the Gospel" to give more weight and authority to their …everchanging doctrine on blood.

In mho, this document proves again, if needed, of the WTS
    scholastic hypocrisy, and their habit of history revision
    and the « writing of half-truths ».

Thanks again for your excellent research,
    greetings J.C. MacHislopp.

P.S. The second quote of pag. 277 should read page 274°°°
    (quote:

“In all ages, the blood of the slayers is the ransom of the life or blood of the slain. Thus, the promise has been literally fulfilled. It is also mystically accomplished, in all the sacrifices of divine appointment. While the law stood, the blood of beasts must make atonement for our souls ; at the hand of every sacrificial beast he required it ; till he, who is “every man’s brother” appeared, even Jesus Christ, at whose hands the full ransom of our souls has been required.” (Page 277) °°°

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Thanks Mac for your excellent comments.

I cannot go in and edit the change from page 277 to page 274. My post is to old to edit according to the web page. Maybe if Simon is reading this post he could help.

However, I have made a note about it.

I have been kinda consumed by all the wildness in NYC and making sure my family down there is okay. And then I had to get my American Aunt and Uncle home yesterday from Canada to the US. Unreal.

I look forward to more comments when people have the time.

hawk

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Message to CPiolo,

I know you are busy but I just sent you the packages to your work Email.

I hope it is what you are wanting. They are in a jpeg format.

Thanks for all of your help in this.

Hope you are holding up well with all of this.

hawk

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

bttt

hawk

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

bttt

Sam Beli

I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind. What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted. Solomon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit