Well, my wife flipped out.

by rassillon 42 Replies latest jw friends

• WLG
    WLG

Rasillion -

Take some time to examine YOUR responses to her which are also a result of the training you received as a dub. You were taught to push without pushing, lead without it being apparent to the victim where you were going (householder, which your wife could be compared to in this case). You may want to step back and look at yourself for a bit...I'm with Gumby on the spirit of his posts...you need to learn how to push a Dub, the rules have changed...when you give her contrary info now, you aren't her head...she sees you as the ass.

Best of luck to you,

WLG

• helppls
    helppls

Hi everyone..I don't post often...I'm relatively a "newbie"...but I read posts whenever I could.

Rasillon-your post touched me more because I am exactly in the same position...have been for many years (I've been inactive for over ten years). And I've experienced it myself--whenever my husband feels (rightly or not) that his JW beliefs are threatened/under attack, his personality changes right before my very eyes. My loving, laid-back, happy-go-lucky husband turns into a roaring lion ready to blow me to kingdom come...or he just shuts down and ignores me. He is also a great believer in man's "headship"...wives are just "helper", yadda-yadda-yadda! Which means, anything I say especially about "spritual" things don't really hold water as far as he's concerned. And since he knows that I've been visiting this board a lot lately, he says I've been getting apostate info, and he treats anything I have to say with more disdain . I know how you feel...it is really frustrating. I HATE WTS!!! They are liars and hypocrites! They require their followers to talk to disinterested strangers about "the bible", and yet, discourage these same followers from discussing exactly the same issues to loved ones who are "really interested" in analyzing (with the view of understanding) the substance/merits of their teachings. They say they give their followers the choice to make their own decisions, and yet they punish them when they decide contrary to the standard WT line.

Sorry..I can keep on going.....I just want to tell you, as you must know already---that you're not alone.

(Note: I want this msg to go to this thread so, I'm re-posting..and crossing my fingers....LMW)

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Welcome Rassillon. I am in a similar predicament and I give you a salute for talking to her about it, I have yet to even broach the subject with my wife out of fear of the same reaction your's gave you. I agree with Freedomlover in that you will get good advise here, ultimately only you'll know exactly what to do and when though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit