WT 2005 CDrom

by PoppyR 30 Replies latest jw friends

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

>Windows '98 became obsolete when microsoft stopped supplying upgrades.

This is offtopic but I think MS ceased to support win95 but still supports Win98.

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks for that Germanxjw...I was wondering why I still got updates.

• KW13
    KW13

Blondie if you can get XP running on your system, i'd say go for it.

Either run upgrade from an XP CD or back-up everything you want and do a fresh install. If your PC is at least an intel pentium 300Mhz with 128mb or an AMD k6-2 with 400Mhz and again 128mb ram you could enjoy it no problem.

Those aren't official specs but from experience of XP on a range of PC's.

windows 2000 is also nice

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I just checked: support is going to be ceases by the end of June 2006.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Going back to the 2005 c/d Rom.

isn't it tedious that the darned thing pops up with todays daytext every time that you open it?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    Actually my Grandma gave me a bible that was her mothers and believe me it SMELLS of Cigs and also after something like hebrews, pages are gone. Either in those days it wasn't finished or my Great Grandma ran out of cig paper!!

LOL! ah those oldies didn't muck about. Bibles might have been the only things not rationed during the big war (between the hebrews and the revelation beasts

• KW13
    KW13

yeh, interesting point because it was around world war thingy and apparently she had knowledge of Good and Bad. Maybe she was a Judge or she smoked too much.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Blondie - Sorry if I misled on windows '98 - My computer tutor told us that 'win 98 was no longer being supported and an announcement was made to that effect by microsoft (back in 2002).

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    Going back to the 2005 c/d Rom.

isn't it tedious that the darned thing pops up with todays daytext every time that you open it?

But isn't that just the spiritual uplift you need before going out on field service? I'm more pissed off that the illustrations are missing. I'm getting quite addicted to pasting pics.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    I'm more pissed off that the illustrations are missing. I'm getting quite addicted to pasting pics.

Yeah, that would have been a nice additive.

Blondie, do yourself a favor get a Dell. There cheap and alot of times free shipping with weekend deals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit