OK, OK, I'm doin it!!!! I need questions!

by WLG 28 Replies latest jw friends

• bebu
    bebu

Beep, you are right. Russel's grave has that particular headstone.

But there is a "Watchtower Bible and Tract Society" pyramid memorial marker located near the grave. http://www.jwfiles.com/pyramid.htm Most JWs don't know about this.

bebu

• acadian
    acadian

Hey all,

Mary said:

And if they try reading that scripture where Jesus said "...I have other sheep which are not of this fold, these I must also bring", point out the surrounding verses. He's talking about bringing the Gentiles into the fold, because didn't Jesus say that his mission was to preach to the House of Israel?
    Come on Mary, putting scriptures in context! that's just not right, you will only confuse your typical JW by showing what the scriptures really say.....sheeeeesh

UncleBruc said:
    Well it don't matter what Unclebruc said...LOL........

Auldsoul said:

Be ready to raise eyebrows. Express amazement that they don't want to get resurrected, that you never heard of a Christian church where the members didn't want to get resurrected. (John 6:53, 54, 58)

I looked at this scripture in "New LIght" the other day, after another poster made a comment about it.

My conclusions are in bold letters....

(John 6:52-59) 52

Therefore the Jews began contending with one another, saying: "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?" 53 Accordingly Jesus said to them: "Most truly I say to YOU, Unless YOU eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU have no life in yourselves. 54 He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day; 55 for my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. 56 He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him. 57 Just as the living Father sent me forth and I live because of the Father, he also that feeds on me, even that one will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. It is not as when YOUR forefathers ate and yet died. He that feeds on this bread will live forever." 59 These things he said as he was teaching in public assembly at Ca·per´na·um. "

First, Jesus was speaking in public, for all to hear, and it's plain to see, he's saying if you don't partake of his flesh and blood (the emblems) you wont be resurrected at the last day, you wont be in union with him, and you wont have any life in yourselves

WLG, JWs try to say that this scipture is talking about the "Anointed" the little flock, and that the other sheep that Jesus was talking about benifit from association with the "Anointed" class. Ask them to show you where in the bible it says this.

When Jesus was speaking he was speaking for all to hear, he wasn't making class d istinction.
    Yes, Jesus went to the Jews first, then the Gentiles. But All, still have to partake to recieve the benifit's mentioned in John 6:52-59

But every "Memorial" JWs deny Christ by not partaking. Which ironically, is a satanic ritual....Hmmm.

Acadian

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Tell them you heard from a JW that they believe the WBTS is God's organization on earth and ask them to prove it from the Bible, a non NWT Bible.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    Or, "I saw this program on Dateline a couple years ago. Is it true that at headquarters there are over 23,000 files of abusers?" If someone has seen that show, ask them why the whistle-blowers were kicked out of the church.

If I had to do it over again, I would sure as hell bring this one up. When they reply, "it's all apostate lies," ask them why they're so sure about that...Do they think children lie???

Also Auldsoul's questions regarding the partaking of emblems. "Do this in rememberance of me" is a very black and white statement. He spoke to his apostles. Now, any modification to that is plain wrong. There is no small group of modern day apostles in contact with jesus these days. Another wrong (regardless if I believe in god or not, ppl).

I would also harp on the whole birthday disbelief like crazy.

• Mary
    Mary
    Or, "I saw this program on Dateline a couple years ago. Is it true that at headquarters there are over 23,000 files of abusers?" If someone has seen that show, ask them why the whistle-blowers were kicked out of the church.
    If I had to do it over again, I would sure as hell bring this one up. When they reply, "it's all apostate lies," ask them why they're so sure about that...Do they think children lie???

Exactly and did they think it was 'all lies' when Dateline was reporting on the pedophile problem in the Catholic Church? Judging by their gleeful grins written down in the pages of the WT, I'd say not.

Do this in rememberance of me" is a very black and white statement. He spoke to his apostles. Now, any modification to that is plain wrong.

That's right. Jesus never ever insinuated that only certain Christians would partake----he said "drink out of this [the cup] ALL of you.

• luna2
    luna2
    The point is to maybe go once on my terms...see if it does anything for me.

I think that's exactly it. Kind of interesting to see how you feel about it all now, to look at the whole thing analytically...as well as to ask stumper questions that they might have to think for more than one second about before pulling out the standard JW robot answer.

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

If you go through with this please record it for us!

I like the one about the memorial, I'd love to hear a JW explain the two class system from the bible!

• WLG
    WLG

Great ideas...I'll think on it for a while and see what approach I want to use, if any.

The main thing is to see it again now...when I saw some of my old family last time it was very liberating...wondering if there is any more of that feeling to be had by facing the dragon again on my own terms.

Thanks!

WLG

• clovis
    clovis

I agree with Frog. go have some fun. Get laid or drunk or both! Leave em alone because it's not worth the trouble.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit