pressure to get baptized!!

by rockkchick30 19 Replies latest jw friends

• nelly136
    nelly136

i read your post where you say youre living your life to jehovahs standards (as best you can)

does that mean you think youre not measuring up? are you being made to feel unworthy or guilty that youre not

doing enough? how is that love?

no one should be bullying or pressuring you into getting baptised. its a huge step to take and can have huge repercussions if you dont live up to their expectations once youre baptised.

you dont expect anyone to invite you or encourage you to go to the memorial.......ummm the memorial is a landmark meeting for jws, its the one time of year they usually make some sort of effort to drag everyone there but theyre not encouraging you?

isn't that why everyones called brother and sister, isnt support whats its supposed to be about?

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

I'll tell you what I've told my daughter, "you must read "Crisis of Conscience" by Ray Franz before making the decision to dedicate the rest of your life to that organization." Learn from this man's experiences as a member of The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. He has very insightful information that comes right from the source. You will be thankful you read this book if you just give it a chance.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

What brough you to this website? You know this ain't "approved" material.
    Take you time and do what you feel is the correct decision. The fact your on this webpage tells me that you'r not totally sold on the JW agenda. Do some research, think about it logically. Holding off baptism untill you do such things is a good idea. Read both of Ray Frazs books, they will be a great help.
    -drew

• Gregor
    Gregor

Wow. I don't know where to start. To just say DON'T DO IT to you sounds a little oversimplified, even though you couldn't go wrong to take this advice. It's your statement that you are "following what Jah wants you to do,..."(I'm paraphrasing) indicates that you may already have a mental foot in the organization, because I doubt very much if you have spoken to Him directly lately. You must clear up your own mind first. PLEASE read "Crises of Conscience". If you can't afford it or can't find it in the library, by all means let it be known that you would like to borrow a copy from someone here.

If you have ever signed a contract for a car purchase, a house, or even a set of encyclopedias, that is nothing when put up against a total life control contract which is what getting baptized into the JW's is. If you ever decide to change your mind leave you will see the ugly side of this organization. Like trying to gracefully walk away from a job with mafia, you will pay a heavy price.

Did you parents ever tell you what to do when a stranger offered you candy to get in their car? Run, sweetheart, we already here you screaming for help.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Many here wish................

they never did.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

If you are being pressured then it's really not your own decision is it?

No one can make you do anything, including those of us posting here. But beware--JWs are NOT up front about all the little rules and regulations you will be expected to follow after your baptism. If you don't act like a carbon copy cut-out Stepford JW, they will shun you or mark you as bad association even if you are not kicked out.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

a few other points ...

Jesus was 30 when he got baptized.

other

read robert kings e-doc http://jehovah-has-become-king.com/obtain-book.html

get all the facts from everywhere before you make a decision.

• blondie
    blondie

I recommend not doing anything until you know why YOU want to get baptized as one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

These are the questions they ask after the baptism talk. How do they compare to what Jesus said at Matthew 28:19?

(Matthew 28:19) (NWT) Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,

Notice how "God's spirit-direct organization" takes the place of the holy spirit.

*** w85 6/1 p. 30 Subjecting Ourselves to Jehovah by Dedication ***

At the close of the convention baptism talk, the baptism candidates will be in position to answer with depth of understanding and heartfelt appreciation two simple questions that serve to confirm that they recognize the implications of following Christ’s example. The first question is:

On

the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?

The second is:

Do

you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization?

Having answered yes to these questions, candidates are in a right heart condition to undergo Christian baptism.

What questions did Cornelius and his family have to answer or the Apostle Paul or Timothy?

If they have to pressure you, then your heart is not in it and getting baptized at this point would be without value.

Now is the time to make a decision, not after the baptism when you come under the WTS authority and they could disfellowship you and put a barrier between you and your JW friends and family.

Blondie (wishes she never came back and had to leave again)

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Rockkchick30,

First of all, your baptism is only a outward symbol of the dedication you have already made with Jehovah in your heart. If you are feeling pressured, and you go through with it because of them, then it wasn't for the right reasons anyway. I studied for over a year with a lady that I became VERY good friends with. She went through the entire Knowledge book, came to meetings, and took a stand on many issues. But for some reason she never quite could bring herself to baptism. I never knew why. I never wanted to pressure her, for I knew if I did, she would be only doing it because of just that, PRESSURE! Come to find out, there were things that really bothered her that she just couldn't over come. I am glad now, she listened to her heart. I believe Jehovah was trying to tell her something.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• truth about the last days
    truth about the last days

It would be good to let them know and remind them that baptisim is a very serious step to make. If you get baptised as a catholic then you are a catholic from that moment on. So, too if you get baptised as a Jehovahs Witness, they you are bound by the teachings that have been taught. On numerous times all over the web site that only the JWs say it was 607BCE that the first Temple was destroyed, whereas ALL evidence says it was 586BCE that the temple was destroyed. If you get baptised as a JW, then you would have to lie and say it was 607BCE. And we also know that the name Jehovah is not really the name given to the Most High God according to a couple of their publications that they have printed. One of the closest names given is Yahweh.(YHWH) So, the title given you-Jehovahs Witness- will give you the false impression that it is Gods name. My indepth studies about the Freemasons from the websites indicates that the name Jehovah came from them, as it is part of their trinity supreme being. So, you being baptised as a JW is really saying that you are willing to worship part of a Freemason trinity- Jehovah, Baal and Osris. According to the websites, King James was also a Freemason and could of inserted the name Jehovah as a replacement for either Yahweh or Lord. Most of the Bibles today- including the NWT, are offshoots of his version. Whatever your choice, make it wisely as it will greatly affect your future.And a scripture for those to consider is in 1 John 4:1, where it states "DO NOT believe in every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see if they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world." Do not let anyone, including yourself, pressure you to be baptised or not, but i can only encourage you to keep studing and to throw out any lies that you have found out- from the KH and also from any website.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit