Hello everyone, I'm new.

by tan 29 Replies latest jw friends

• unique1
    unique1

Hi, Tan and Welcome to the board. I am so sorry to hear what you experienced as a child. It was wrong for the elders to do nothing. You may want to check out www.silentlambs.com. There is a good support group there of people with similar experience.

I hope you enjoy your time here.

• tan
    tan

We are happy to have you here!! What a tragic thing for you to have gone thru!!! Is your Stepfather still a JW? Is he still serving? What made you begin to question things? Please know you have friends here! WELCOME!!

Thank you so much for your support. Yes he is still in the truth. He was disfellowhipped….not for what he did to me but for adultery…he is now reinstated. And still looks so stupid…I can’t stand him. Don’t see him much…I moved.

I was having a study with a sister who used to come to my house. This was after my reinstatement…we would sit for hours and not study anything…she wouldn’t even say prayers at times. I then began to study with another sister and asked her to show me in the bible why we should think that we’re the chose religion (JW’s only). The 144,000…I wanted to know how other religions that number. She couldn’t answer that question…just referred me to the Revelation book. On another occasion, I asked why Jehovah would even need to prove anything to Satan and his demons…why he didn’t just zap him (when he went against Jehovah) and let that be the example. She explained that he is a God of Just. Of course, he could’ve Just gotten rid of him. We now have to watch the elderly get sick and suffer and die, babies and children starve and die…it just doesn’t make sense for such a loving God.

I think that I went back because I was very emotional at the time. I had friends in the “world” (in fact they still treat me much better, they are there when I need them without questions or explanations), I thought that I was missing something and after reading all that I have…I’m not missing out on anything. One sister who knows that I’m researching told me that it’s the brother’s in our congregation not the organization, but after reading so many similar life experiences, it is the organization and Jehovah doesn’t do things in those ways.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    Went to the memorial last night and the elder that said the prayer before passing the bread read the prayer from index cards

Never have seen that at a kingdom hall! Welcome to the board. Continue with your questions, search for answers, and above all other things don't be feared by men. Good Luck to you.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    Went to the memorial last night and the elder that said the prayer before passing the bread read the prayer from index cards

i saw that at a circuit assembly.

by the way - welcome!

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome Tan. I hope you find all that you are looking for. There is a nice diverse set of people here who will willingly share opinions with you.

30 years is a long time. Take it slow and you'll be fine.

As far as the notecard prayer - it is very unusual but the society does allow it. Some brothers have serious nerves when public speaking and need some reminder points for prayers. It shouldn't be scripted but just some points to remember to mention while praying. Perhaps, if no one else does, I can find an article on this on the CDrom. If not I guess it's a local thing.

• tan
    tan

Thank you all for your warm welcomes. I do appreciate your concern and the fact that you understand where I'm coming from is amazing.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Welcome to JWD!

It's a great place to heal and grow.

-Aude Sapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding)

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome Tan, nice to read your story, investigating things can turn up a lot of unexpected surprises. The JWs do have a strange policy regarding child molestation and are very reluctant to deal with this issue. That's why the silent lambs website was created.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Welcome to JWD, it a good place to find real friends. Not the transitional one at the KH.

Balsam

• xjwms
    xjwms

Hello and welcome

much to learn here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit