I think I did it!

by freeman 51 Replies latest jw friends

• freeman
    freeman

Well, I think I did it! I believe I have set the wheels in motion for what I believe will lead to my disfellowshiping. I have been inactive since 1987 and still getting along with the witnesses (invited to gatherings etc.) but something came up that finally push my buttons just enough to make me explode. I just had to expose one of the lies of the WTBTS, the lie about shunning.

Background: I have a wife (full-blown dub) two children, one is 18 and baptized and the other is 12 and ‘studying’. Two of my boy’s friends were just disfellowshiped. When I heard it from my own boy’s lips that he couldn’t talk to their former friends anymore I just had to ask where in the Bible does it say so. My son replied ‘the society says…’ Would you believe my baptized son did not know of any scripture to back this up? Not one scripture could he point out to me, but still he was no longer going to talk to his best friend in the world because ‘the society says so’. CULT!

I hit the roof, and told my wife I did not want my younger son studying this, UN-Biblical, UN-Christen shunning doctrine. I told her my child will no longer be exposed to this crap and that he won’t be having a study any more or be going to any more meeting until they get ‘new-light’. Further I challenged her or anyone of her choosing to show me from the scripture that shunning was a Bible based doctrine.

She called an Elder, in fact he was the father of the two disfellowed friends. He said it was a based on scripture and started in with an Old Testament story. I cut him off and told him I don’t live under the Jewish law and basically hung up on him because if I stayed on the phone with him much longer, my blood pressure would be off the charts.

I decided to write a paper on why this practice of shunning had no basis in scripture by using only the scriptures, and have my wife deliver it to this Elder. From an augmentative standpoint, the witness doctrine on shunning was totally devastated by my paper, no doubt about it at all.

Just to top it off, I added: the following at the end of the paper:

“ I believe I have adequately demonstrated by way of scripture that the Watchtower Society's current shunning doctrine and practices do not adhere to the Bible and the example of Christ, and therefore that is why I myself will not adhere to this practice. I truly believe this is a destructive and divisive policy and practice. Further I will not let children under my care be improperly influenced by what I consider an abhorred and un-Christian practice and therefore I will denounce this practice both publicly and privately as necessary for their protection. “

So what do you think, is it 100% certain that I will get the ax, Am I toast or does the fact that I proved my point by scripture matter any? And what would the charge be, apostasy perhaps, because I dared to use the Bible to prove them wrong?

PS: Just for fun, I copyrighted the document and instructed that it was unlawful to copy, electronically store or transmit (facsimile) the document without permission from the author. So if they want to make copies, or fax it to Brooklyn they will be violating copyright law. Not that copyright law matters to them, (spiritual warfare invalidates all laws) but I thought it was kind of a cute thing to do.

freeman

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I think you did a fine thing, freeman. I also think they will df you for apostacy. I also think you don't care. I think that is a fine thing.

No doubt you put a few brain cells to work in a few people, especially the father of the df'd boy.

Btw, that isn't really how copyright works. They can certainly reproduce it and send it to the big house, although I am sure you made them use up a phone call to legal.

• Moxy
    Moxy

would you mind reproducing more of the letter here? wed probably like to see. having been inactive so long, i suspect they will be in no hurry to DF you, especially if you make noise about legal repurcussions. there are others here with more experience in these matters that will no doubt be able to advise you.

thx
    mox

• borgfree
    borgfree

Hi Freeman,

I think you did the right thing! I have heard the latest tactic of the WT is to say you have DA'ed yourself by your actions/words. Thats what they did to one of my sons-in-law.

I congratulate you.

If you don't mind sharing it, I would really appreciate a copy of your paper. Most of my family are still in the Borg. Who knows what might open their eyes.

Borgfree

"You can fool some of the people all of the time" especially if you are a member of the WT GB
  • willy_think
    willy_think

Hi Freeman,
    protecting your kids is always a good thing to do. i fear the organization will turn your wife and kids on you but i hope i'm wrong. WT policy being unbiblical has never stopped them before, neither has proving them wrong.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I always thought it was ridiculous when they disfellowshipped someone who hadn't been at the meetings in years. It reminded me of the stupidity of kicking someone out who wasn't involved anyway. Stupid rules.

Path

• LDH
    LDH

OK Freeman. Bend over and kiss your arse goodbye. Yup. Yer gonna get it fer sure!

Congrats! Took tons of courage. I hope you still allow your children to talk to those two boys, but don't be surprised if they won't talk back. After all, they will be trying to get....reinstated.

Lisa

• thewiz
    thewiz

Despite what you may think the WTBS is NOT an axe yeilding DF getting org. However, I guess it all depends on your point of view.

It seems that many on these forums say that the FIRST thing the WTBS ever does is tries to DF people or look for ways to DF people. It's all in their attempts to villify the WTBS any way they can. I have found that some people hear don't even care what the bible has to say, never mind the JWs.

So be careful on whose advice you take.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that they have not done it before, I feel that is what they may have done Mr. Ray Franz.

Do you know what these others were dF for? Whatever it was, do you want them to influence your children to do the same thing? Peer pressure is very big with kids.

Don't let your anger distract you, just sit down and calmly think it over. No one makes good decisions when they are angry or upset.

There is scriptual justification for shunning. However, I think it all depends on upon the matter. Although we are not under Jewish law it did provide a frame work for the christian church. But shunning was practiced by early christians. I can get them for you if you want.

Bible aside. Ask yourself, do you want your kids associating with them in the first place? I don't care to know what they did. But, I wouldn't want my kids hanging around kids that smoke, drink, do drugs, have babies, fornicate, break the law, etc.

You want open honest opinions, I felt I am being honest in my evaluation. I'm try to be objective and impartial.

---

Sad interesting story.

My wife and I were both DF and we would talk to this other person who was DF, well she got reinstated whereupon she stopped talking to us. Then we got reinstated where we could now talk again. She got DF again, only a few months later I think. When she now approached us, we wouldn't talk to her, not necessarily because she was DF, but because of the way she treated us when she got reinstated.

Ever go to a meeting when your DF and raise your hand to make a comment, I have. It's interesting what happens.

So tight is the WTBS hold that they do NOT want DF people talking to other DF people, it's a DF offense!

• LDH
    LDH

Wiz, the only time shunning was mentioned it was in reference to someone who continued in hs sinful path.

Most of the df'ing stories here, mine included, involved a one time lapse in judgement that called for a kangaroo court to be formed.

Three elders told me to my face that I was getting df'd "To set an example" and also because "I didn't cry enough at the hearings, that showed a lack of repentance."

So please, give it a rest.

• detective
    detective

Thewiz comments:

"Ask yourself, do you want your kids associating with them in the first place? I don't care to know what they did. But, I wouldn't want my kids hanging around kids that smoke, drink, do drugs, have babies, fornicate, break the law, etc."

You don't care to know, huh? But you certainly care to theorize about all the wrongs those kids MIGHT have done. Could it be drugs or smoking? Fornicating? Whatever they did it must be very bad!

Sadly, disagreeing with society policy is also grounds for disfellowshipping. So, while they COULD be fornicating, cursing, baby-making drug users those kids could also be insightful, inquistive, righteous youngsters who stand up for what they believe.I guess you wouldn't want your kids to hang around with those types either?

But you don't care to know, do you? You'd rather just let your imagination run wild and assume the worst. That's brilliant.

Really.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit