New to the forum - want to introduce myself

by lovelylil 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• KW13
    KW13

There is a PM feature, you click a members name and then you can send them a message Once google gets your address its murder!!

Maybe a mod could remove it for you.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Welcome

Im glad that you seem on the road to recovery along with your family. I relate to your kids being depressed and strung out trying to keep up with the JW lifestyle. I too, never felt close to god and always felt disapproved. The judgemental attitude related to meetings/f.s etc really got to me. - nice people trashed for not 'being zealous'. Terrible.

Wishing you well.

J

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Lovelylill,

Thank you for your post! And WELCOME!! We are glad to have you here. What an experience. I cannot imagine praying at the Kingdom Hall and getting that "evil presence" feeling. It must have really scarred you! For me, I will never forget the night I was digging into what the whole pyramid thing was about and how Russell used it. When I discovered what pyramidology was, and how it was steeped in spiritism I had goosebumps all over, and the hair on the back of my neck stood up!! I will NEVER forget that feeling of something being TERRIBLY wrong. Again, I experienced those same feelings when I discovered that the Society used a translation ( Johannes Greber) in making the New World Translation that was made by the help of the demons. And the Society knew the Author of the book openly acknowledged using the spirits in making their translation. (For any who challenge me on this point, I will be most happy to direct you to the articles from the Societys OWN literature.) Anyway, we are glad you are here, and glad you and your family are happily serving God!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• lilybird
    lilybird

Hi lovelylil.. nice to meet you and welcome.. My husband and I left for similar reasons.. the biggest reason was not wanting to raise our children in a cultlife..This is a great forum to meet others who have faced the same problems as you have and they can help you with some of your questions along the way.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

welcome ... the idea about removing your e-mail address would be to your advantage cause it can get spammed.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

We need to get the Moderator to remove her address!

Who can locate one of them right away?

Welcome Lillian!!

• flag
    flag

Welcome, and we certanly understand how you feel.

• Jez
    Jez

Thank you for sharing your story. Did you lose any extended family?

Jez

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings lovelylil

Welcome aboard! You'll find solace here.

Dismembered

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! We truly have come a long way in a short time. When my eyes were first being opened, I thought I was going crazy. Truthfully, it may have seemed from my post that things went pretty smoothly, but actually it took some time. For me to fully come to grasp with everything was almost a year. the final meeting int the hall when I ran out was at the end. I have done a lot of research into cults since I left and I came to realize that my past childhood of abuse made me more suceptable to cults. Has anyone come to that conclusion? I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown and was afraid to fully tell my husband about all the false teachings I found out about. I remember physically shaking when I did tell him! He at first looked me in the eye and said Well you do want you have to do and I will stick to Jehovah. The way he said it gave me more chills. I knew he was thinking I was an apostate. I firmly believe that sincere prayer works. Sometimes it takes time. One day about 3 months after I left, (my husband was still attending) I told him that in the 13 years we had been married I almost never asked him for any big favors. When he agreed I asked him to do just one thing for me. I told him to not attend the meetings for only one week (up to this time, he was very well know for attending ALL the meetings even when sick. He is ex military and is very used to routine) Then, I asked that he read the New Testament in another bible translation (I had the New International) and if he still felt that the Witnesses taught the truth, I would support his view to stay and leave it up to him to decide what to teach the kids. Anyway, long story short, at first he told me later, he did it just to disprove me but you could imagine his surprise when his eyes were opened also. About three days into it, he came to me and said you know, I am seeing lots of scriptures obviously taken out of context! He wrote his letter soon after. The thing that is hard for him is he misses the routine and he felt secure in knowing he was approved by Jehovah. Now he has to learn what to do himself with his faith and that is hard. But he is doing better.

About my address. thanks for your concern. I left it out of habit, I always to that. But, I will be more careful in the future. Looking forward to many posts!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit