If the momorial is over where you live... give us your experence.

by xjwms 23 Replies latest jw friends

• xjwms
    xjwms

Last night was easier than I expected.

It was as if everyone who greeted me said the same thing......"NICE TO SEE YOU." and thats IT, nothing else.

Only one gal, I have known since I was 10, ... said "miss you" here. NO one else said they miss me. remarkable.

Otherwise nothing else changed, same ole, same tired talk, even the same brother gave the talk, now,.. four years in a row.

My heart went out to the elderly brother giving the final prayer. I have known him for 40 years. this year he will be 87.

His prayer was so sincere, heartfelt, and genuine. So too bad he is so brainwashed, and hanging on with all he has.

As I left, it was with big smiles, head held high, positive attitude, and gone. SEE YA.

• xjwms
    xjwms

One more thing

I could not believe how light the attendence was..

It felt like a regular meeting, (that I could remember)....Past memorials were packed.....funny not every seat was filled.

• pratt1
    pratt1

I almost went, I even went to the Kingdumb Hall on Sunday - more about that on another thread, until my Dad (unbeliever) called me and said that my Mom wanted us to go as a family the way we used to when I was a young boy. My Dad and I realized that my Mom was emotional blackmailing us to attend, so we decided to both boycott the event.

We told Mom that we can all go out for brunch on Sunday as a family - so far she han't given us an answer.

By the way Blondie, it was a big deal in both all of my old congo to go out for an exspenive? meal after the memorial.

I never understood why we were celebrating if the memorial is such a soleum and heartrenching event.

Going to your own home and reflecting on the sacrifice Christ made for us would be more appropriate.

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

I didn't attend. Nothing new there...

BUT.... This is the first year I did not allow my ex to take our daughter! He has been drama the last few years when it comes to us having her for Christmas and Thanksgiving (or any holidays for that matter) so I finally told him he will no longer have her for Memorial or assemblies on our days. Until the door swings both ways it will not swing at all. I am sick of his complete intolerance and his expectance of tolerance on our part!

My daughter was not in the least having any problem with not attending. We read the scriptures regarding the Last Supper and came to the conclusion it does mention "do this in rememberance of me" but it does not say when to do it, how to do it or that only 144,000 should do it. It also says the covenant is on behalf of his people and does not apply to certain people differently than others. She's 11 and so burned out on religeon after her fathers bombarding her with it her whole life so by that time I had completely lost her (she was ready to watch movies). She does enjoy her Bible class on Sundays when we go to our non-denominational church though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit