If the momorial is over where you live... give us your experence.

by xjwms 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Emma
    Emma
    went over to someone's house for a big meal afterwards or out to eat at a restaurant?

This seemed to be starting as a "trend" as I was leaving.

• Watching the Watchtower
    Watching the Watchtower

When was the memorial? LOL

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Got mine in a few hours and dreading it. I have not stepped inside the KH for over 6 months, but my boys were pressured muchly by the family and my ex, so I decided in the end if they were going to go, I was going to take them.

Now I have serious regrets about that decision! My family offered to come and get me, but I know that was a ploy to get me there half an hour before and come away half an hour after!!

I intend to rush in about a minute to, and rush out immediately after!! Hopefully with the 100s of new ones there I wont be noticed.

Yes.. I do like my fantasy world!

Poppy

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

PoppyR Hope you printed a handful of WT checks and money for the drop boxes.

Good Luck

• jambon1
    jambon1

Ours is just starting - im at the back of the hall with my laptop typing this believe it or not!! (joshin)

Right! Song.........oh f**k not that song again. Well here goes........

• KW13
    KW13
    Ours is just starting - im at the back of the hall with my laptop typing this believe it or not!! (joshin)

Right! Song.........oh f**k not that song again. Well here goes........

LOL LMFAO!!!!! Posting on apostate site inside KH

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Just got back.

Actually took some advice from another post and decided instead of skulking about, to go in and out thrilled with life, So I dressed to the nines, walked in and smiled broadly, laughed with the brother on the door when he said "there's only odd ones left" meaning seats.. I just said "this hall was always full of odd ones". I just kept grinning to myself through the talk about all the old TIRED scriptures being read and missaplied and stuff I've read on here today about the 144,000 etc, then the end an EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT.

I cursed myself because my heart actually skipped a beat until I remembered what their exciting announcements were like, and sure enough it was about a FREE home bible study!!!

After the memorial my mother came over and blocked my quick exit! I stayed for a few minutes and chatted and replied to people. One well meaning (read nosy, interfering) old sister asked me why I wasn't coming, and I just said the 'truth' had become a burden. And she said it was because I wasn't doing it right.. !

Finally escaped, and the blessing of the night, managed to speak to a girl I used to be so close to when we were teenagers, but she was DFed, she was standing outside and I was so pleased to have a few words with her and hope it's a friendship I can rekindle.

All in all, glad I went, really glad, I feel so much better about myself, so much clearer about that religion, and also can see why people hang on to it, they just have nothing else.

Poppy

• undercover
    undercover

Glad to hear it went well for you PoppyR. Good job.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Just got back..

Went straight from work, stopping at McD for a bite first. The Memorial was, well, ok ...The hall and platform decorated with flowers for the occasion. The speaker seemed nervous . Why do they talk more about the Passover than the last night of Christ?

There were about twice the normal attendance there so I expect that they will be pleased . I saw no partakers. That's that for another year.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I had really been thinking about going. Just to see how much things have changed. Then I realized that there is a new episode of "Lost" on tonight.

One's priorities must be kept straight

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit