Desperate for Numbers!

by Scully 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truckerann
    truckerann

Desperate for Numbers....Counting time.......all this reminds me of a funny, but true story when I was in high school I couldn't associate with my Witness sister and grandmother because my mother was disfellowshipped and my stepfather was very opposed to the truth...so my sister, who would a regular pioneer at the time, would write me LONG letters of encouragement with several scriptures cited and a young witness girl from the congregation. It wasn't until years later that I realize she was counting time on me and it wasn't because she was concerned for my spiritual well-being...Back then it was all about putting in the hours...and hours...and hours...and hours....Now from what I hear the hour requirement has changed...along with a lot more changes....

• truckerann
    truckerann

Oh by the way....regarding the letters from my sister...the young sister would sneak them to me in school....and she even got a part at a District Convention for do her part in "bringing me into the truth"....

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    This is Sister Y and She has a message for you. Sister Y was caught totally off guard.

Yep, that happened to me a few times. Especially if I would go to the door with a friend! My worst nightmare was when the door opened, and it was a guy from the football team in school!!!! Oh man, you would have thouhgt I had a stuttering problem!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Dear Scully

Me too. I always used the I'll do the next door excuse. I'd talk @ one out of every ten doors.

Dismembered

• Scully
    Scully
    This is Sister Y and She has a message for you. Sister Y was caught totally off guard.

My dad did that to me once. I was 10 years old and he knew I didn't feel up to talking to people at the doors that day. I just glanced at him with a shocked look on my face and said "I can't believe you're making me do this!!" in front of the Householder™. Needless to say, that call went over like a lead balloon - the Householder™ got really perturbed and gave my dad $h!t for humiliating me in front of a complete stranger, telling him that JWs were not welcome at her house if that's how they treated their kids. When we got back to the car, I was in deep trouble for Bringing Reproach™ on the JWs (and him especially). I never went in Service™ with him after that. I've never forgotten that. I can still visualize that woman's face reading my dad the riot act. Because of her, I promised myself that I would never do anything like that to one of my kids.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I know when some people are just starting out with door to door they get the more expieranced one to do the work. Funny thing about some people can have that going on for years. I've know a few cases like this. Count service time for walking around with somebody, but not saying anything, or even not gettin out of the car.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

My pioneer partner™ always tried to shirk his half of 'doing the doors™'. Once we were at a door arguing the toss over whose turn it was.

knock ..knock..

Me: "No I'm not doing this one. It's yours!"

BJ: "Nup"

Me: "Yes you will!"

BJ: "Nup!"

Women opens door .. looks at us both .. I'm not talking .. james is not talking .. finally she say's "are you two deaf 'n dumb?" I cracked. BJ won .. bugga! Later that morning we were running from a doberman .. I got to the gate first and closed him in behind me ..lol

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Well as the head I'm delegating...YOU do the doors, obey me as I'm your head!" ahh yes.....the benefits of having the right chromosomes.....

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Slight change of subject, but still on the numbers.. at the memorial tonight I attended a cong that was part of one I used to go to. That is we had 4 congs, and they amalgamated them into 3, so one memorial, at a reasonable early time, about a third more publishers than used to be in the cong and the attendance was...

Which actually was pretty bad even by the old congs standards. Guess things are slipping. Nobody had to stand up etc. One sister even commented to me that she thought there would be more people. I had to bite my tongue or this fade is not going to be succesful!

• rebel8
    rebel8
    WTS must be getting desperate for numbers if they'll count people who just show up

I used to count the Unbaptized Publishers as a return visit!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit