Going to church

by poodlehead 13 Replies latest jw friends

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    but everytime he talks about it the hair on the back of my neck stands up.

I get that way attending weddings in churches. I feel as if Im walking into the devils home or something. Thats what happens when you were a jw for so long. I dont think I could ever join another religion. I just feel that if I need a relationship with god, I can pray, he hears me and knows whats in my heart.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Come on over Gumby, Jee and whoever else wants to come over. I was just out there and watched the sun come up and listened to all the birds singing. Very peaceful time of day. Still haven't figured out why I'm here on earth though.

Ken P.

Just figured it out. My mom and dad had sex while they were at the assembly nine months before I was born in 1935. Wasn't that the Columbus Ohio assembly when they found out they weren't going to heaven?

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Poodle, I know how you feel. I felt sick at the thought of going to a church. The perception of the oily preacher with his hand out for money kept flashing through my mind. Also, I didn't know what to expect. Would it be more of the same, unloving, judgmental people like the dubs or would it be different bad or different good? The gb planted so much fear in me over the years that I was shaking the first time I went to church. I was invited by a co-worker, I told her I'm not interested in any organized religion because I had a bad experience (understatement of the year!) She said, try it just once. It was a Calvary Chapel and I loved it! Fast forward 2 years later and the Christian freedom is unlike anything I've ever experienced. It's the freedom to do good and enjoy every second of life. There is no dogmatic, we're right, every one else will die at Armg. I encourage you to listen to Christian music - like Chris Tomlin, Michael W. Smith, Third Day and Casting Crowns - you'll love it. If you have kids they will enjoy Calvary Chapel too, the children's ministries are wonderful for them. Sorry to ramble, but I love it. I actually want to go instead of forcing myself like I did at the kg hall. Obviously, it's your choice and you have to be comfortable regardless of what church it is. Keep praying and God Bless - V Sky

• Brigid
    Brigid

I would, if you're of a mind to, simply explore many different worship experiences. It became sort of a hobby of mine. I have my own unique path that is not really shared by any group but I enjoy viewing how other people approach the Divine. My very first church experience was a beautiful Catholic service (I just had to go because the JWs had absolutely demonized them so horribly). I have a very good friend who is a very spiritual nun and she and I went together. It was stunningly beautiful. I still enjoy Catholic services and go occasionally. I would not "join" anything but I enjoy communing with people who are seeking the Divine.

Bright Blessings,

~Brigid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit