May 15 WT - Survival depends on loyal association with the organization

by truthseeker 48 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

With the recent WT articles stressing how "new light" has appeared over the decades, this article is geared towards making sure individuals are ACTIVE within the organization in order to ensure their survival.

This article is taken from E-Watchman's discussion board, this is not my article.

http://e-jehovahs-witnesses.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1019&st=0

Just got a hold of the new May 15, 2006 Watchtower containing the study article, "Are you prepared for Survival?" The thrust of the article is regarding our being actively associated with the Organization in order to survive through the end. Primarily the example of Noah is given regarding how salvation was only aboard the ark. Toward the end the article makes further allusions to future organizational adjustments by commenting on different adjustments in the past. (It does seem that some kind of refinement is on the way - perhaps in regards to the elder arrangement and/or disfellowshipping.)

Parallels to Noah's Day are drawn in paragraph 4:

"Just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be." (Matthew 24:37) With these words, Jesus indicated that the time of his invisible presence would be similar to the days of Noah, and that has truly been so."

Our future survival is linked to our being in the organization as comparisons are drawn to the ark in paragraph 8:

"Just as Noah and his God-fearing family were preserved in the ark, survival of individuals today depends on their faith and their loyal association with the earthly part of Jehovah's universal organization."

In paragraph 11 faith in Jesus' ransom sacrifice is seemingly down-played and instead being in the organization is trumpeted as the only way to survive.

"To survive the end of the present wicked system of things, we must do more than believe that it will be destroyed. We must exercise faith, taking full advantage of God's provisions for survival. Of course, we need to exercise faith in the ransom sacrafice of God's Son, Jesus Christ (John 3:16,36) However, we do well to remember that only those actually inside Noah's ark sruvived the Floord. Similarly, the cities of refuge in ancient Israel provided protection for the unintentional manslayer only if he first fled to such a city and then remained inside it until the death of the high priest. (Numbers 35:11-32)"

Paragraph 12 further goes on to show that only those inside Jehovah's arrangements will be protected during the great tribulation.

"We therefore have reason to think carefully about our personal situation. Are we actually inside Jehovah's arrangement of spiritual protection? When the great tribulation strikes, tears of joy and thankfulness will stream down the faces of those who have sought out such protection. For others there will only be tears of sorrow and regret."

Paragraphs 13-15 I will quote in full. They contain information under the subheading, "Progressive Adjustments Prepare Us"

13 "Jehovah has brought about progressive adjustments in the earthly part of his organization. These have served to beautify, stabilize, and strengthen his arrangement for our spiritual protection. From the 1870's to 1932, elders and deacons were voted into office by members of the congregation. In 1932 the elective elders were replaced with a service committee elected by the congregation to assist an appointed service driector. During 1938, arrangements were made for the theocratic appointing overseers and ministerial servants. Over the years, the role played by the Governing Body has intensified and changes have been made to facilitate its work"

14 "Back in 1950, careful consideration of Psalm 45:16 gave rise to an ongoing training program. The text reads: "In place of your forefather there wil come to be your sons, whom you will apoint as princes in all the earth." Elders now taking the lead in the congregation are being trained for present and post-Armageddon theocratice duties. (Revelation 16:14,16) The Kingdom Ministry School was started in 1959. At that time, a month-long course of instruction was provided primarly for congregation servants, as presiding overseers were then called. This school has now been extened to offer instruction to all the overseers and ministerial servants. These brothers, in turn, take the lead in training individual Witnesses of Jehovah in their respective congregations. Thus, all are assisted spiritually and are helped to icnrease the effectiveness of their ministry as proclaimers of the good news of the Kingdom. - Mark 13:10."

15 "Individuals wanting to become part of the congregation must meet certain requirements. Logically, modern-day ridiculers are kept out, even as such ones found no place in Noah's ark. (2 Peter 3:3-7) Particularly since 1952, Jehovah's Witnesses have given increased support to an arrangement that helps to protect the congregation - that is, the disfellowshipping of unrepentant sinners. Of course, truly repentant wrongdoers are lovingly helped to "make straight paths for their feet." - Hebrews 12:12,13; Proverbs 28:13; Galatians 6:1."

Under the last subheading, "Be Prepared for Survival" admonition is given for Jehovah's Witnesses to be active in their association at with the Organization.

"Sticking close to and staying active with one of the over 98,000 congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses will help us to prepare ourselves for survival".

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Of interest is the WT comment:

Elders now taking the lead in the congregation are being trained for present and post-Armageddon theocratic duties.

What exactly are these "post theocratic duties"?

A follow up comment on E-Watchman's discussion board reveals the possible motives of the WT in writing this article....

http://e-jehovahs-witnesses.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1019&st=0

The Society is getting more and more desperate to stop the haemorraging of publishers numbers in the western world so we can expect more of this type of grandiloquent scare tactics article.

Actually, the boastful declarations in this article to the effect that the organisation is a modern-day city of refuge and anti-typical Noah's ark, without which survival is impossible, is blatantly contrary to previous, more scripturally accurate, statements they have made in the past on these specific subjects (see the first two quotes below).

The GB are mighty worried about the increasing disillusionment and slowing down of activity on the part of more and more JW's in many western lands. Going by statistical forecasts, the growth will hit zero in about 2012.

The material in this article is an historically typical response to the growing concern about the organisation's stalling growth. The fear-mongering and supercilious clap-trap in this June Watchtower article is pretty much the only way they know how to deal with signs of publisher apathy. The JW leadership refuses to address the real problems, resorting instead to more brow-beating and fear tactics like we see here.

They love to elevate themselves to Jehovah's own threshold (Ezekiel 43:8). The organisation is trumpeted as 'the way, the truth, and the life' for JW's to find salvation. It is impossible to gain salvation without being an active member of your local JW congregation, safe and secure in these modern-day "interior rooms" (see also the third quote below).

"Just as Noah and his God-fearing family were preserved in the ark, survival of individuals today depends on their faith and their loyal association with the earthly part of Jehovah's universal organization."

Yes, the organisation is our mediator. Jesus is not really a mediator for the great crowd but the 'faithful and discreet slave' is. Salvation is not really, truly a free gift paid for by Christ's death, but it has to be earned by constant performance of organisation works. Meetings and FS are the be all and end all of our sacred service to God. Taking in constant knowledge at the meetings and through the publications and answering up and going door-to-door for a few hours a month placing the maggies so you can put your report in and please the elders is just absolutely is the only way you can have any hope of salvation.

You simply cannot have the slightest hope for eternal life without doing these things through the properly constituted organisational framework! Forget about it, nada, zip, you're just Armageddon fodder, birdfood, manure on the ground, ok. Deal with it.

Notice that Jesus merely gets a token, perfunctory mention.

The ransom is referred to in an off-hand, flippant manner - "Of course, we need to exercise faith in the ransom sacrafice of God's Son, Jesus Christ (John 3:16,36) However, we do well to remember that only those actually inside Noah's ark survived the Flood. Similarly, the cities of refuge in ancient Israel provided protection for the unintentional manslayer only if he first fled to such a city and then remained inside it until the death of the high priest. (Numbers 35:11-32)"

It's as if they just want to get Jesus quickly out of the way and get back to the main theme, which is: if you ever dare slack off in the JW programme of works or even, God forbid, leave the congregation altogether, you are doomed to die , along with all the other 99% of the amharets on this planet who Jehovah is going to mercilessly slaughter and use as manure fertilizer for the new Edenic paradise that only the organisationally loyal JW's are going to enjoy. What a wonderful message, what good news for all mankind!

• Scully
    Scully

The point the WTS in particular and JWs in general seem to be oblivious to is that Jehovah can withdraw his approval from an organization that is not living up to righteous requirements.

Case in point, is the nation of Israel. Whenever they strayed from True Worship™, the prophets were sent to sound warnings to turn away from their reckless course of action and return to worshiping Jehovah in righteousness. When they refused to listen to the prophets, they caused offense to Jehovah, and ultimately it led to the destruction of Israel.

Why is the WTS so arrogant as to assume that they are not capable of offending Jehovah, and cause him to withdraw his blessing from the organization? They love to compare themselves to that 'original' "Organization", yet they refuse to accept that the comparison is a two-edged sword when the modern Organization is so far removed from truth and righteousness that it would be impossible for Jehovah to overlook the egregiousness and treachery of their ways.

When the nation of Israel turned bad, there were people of righteousness who stood up to the nation's wickedness. They were known as the prophets. When the Watchtower Society turned bad, there were people of righteousness who stood up against the Organization's wickedness. The Watchtower Society calls these people Apostates™.

Rbi8 Jeremiah 25:1-14 ***

The word that occurred to Jeremiah concerning all the people of Judah in the fourth year of Je·hoi´a·kim the son of Jo·si´ah, the king of Judah, that is, the first year of Neb·u·chad·rez´zar the king of Babylon; 2 which Jeremiah the prophet spoke concerning all the people of Judah and concerning all the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying:

"From the thirteenth year of Jo·si´ah the son of A´mon, the king of Judah, and down to this day, these twenty-three years the word of Jehovah has occurred to me, and I kept speaking to YOU people, rising up early and speaking, but YOU did not listen. 4 And Jehovah sent to YOU all his servants the prophets, rising up early and sending [them], but YOU did not listen, neither did YOU incline YOUR ear to listen, 5 they saying, ‘Turn back, please, every one from his bad way and from the badness of YOUR dealings, and continue dwelling upon the ground that Jehovah gave to YOU and to YOUR forefathers from long ago and to a long time to come. 6 And do not walk after other gods in order to serve them and to bow down to them, that YOU may not offend me with the work of YOUR hands, and that I may not cause calamity to YOU.’

"‘But YOU did not listen to me,’ is the utterance of Jehovah, ‘to the intent that YOU might offend me with the work of YOUR hands, for calamity to yourselves.’

"Therefore this is what Jehovah of armies has said, ‘"For the reason that YOU did not obey my words, 9 here I am sending and I will take all the families of the north," is the utterance of Jehovah, "even [sending] to Neb·u·chad·rez´zar the king of Babylon, my servant, and I will bring them against this land and against its inhabitants and against all these nations round about; and I will devote them to destruction and make them an object of astonishment and something to whistle at and places devastated to time indefinite. 10 And I will destroy out of them the sound of exultation and the sound of rejoicing, the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride, the sound of the hand mill and the light of the lamp. 11 And all this land must become a devastated place, an object of astonishment, and these nations will have to serve the king of Babylon seventy years."’

"‘And it must occur that when seventy years have been fulfilled I shall call to account against the king of Babylon and against that nation,’ is the utterance of Jehovah, ‘their error, even against the land of the Chal·de´ans, and I will make it desolate wastes to time indefinite. 13 And I will bring in upon that land all my words that I have spoken against it, even all that is written in this book that Jeremiah has prophesied against all the nations. 14 For even they themselves, many nations and great kings, have exploited them as servants; and I will repay them according to their activity and according to the work of their hands.’"
  • Honesty
    Honesty

They need a vet.

• lilybird
    lilybird
    The point the WTS in particular and JWs in general seem to be oblivious to is that Jehovah can withdraw his approval from an organization.

Scully.. that is so true!!! But their arrogance and closemindedness is their biggest downfall..As we heard in SOL's judicial hearing,, they chastise for asking too many questions.. getting educated in anything other than the teachings of the "faithful and discree slave class"..for whatever that really means..Unfortunately..they are dealing with a new world that wants to know truthful answers to their questions and real answers from the bible ..not their man made publications..I think as the older generation dies off. and they are left to deal with a newer younger,,,,better educated generation.. they will find they have more and more problems...that is why they need to fear the internet and dreaded apostate sites....

• zeroday
    zeroday

They can not come up with anything new and original. It would appear they are going back to earlier Watchtower articles and regurgitating old light:

w50 1/15 p. 26 Who Will Share in the Final Witness? ***

Let none wear themselves out holding in the truth, but unload the flimsy reasons and excuses that curtail Kingdom service, that tire you more to carry around and battle with your conscience than would the witness work. Let other publishers in the organization help you direct your zeal, now that it is fired by knowledge to a burning pitch. Direct it into tactful and organized gospel-preaching. Jehovah’s visible organization can use you, but can get along without you too. But you cannot get along without it. Fruitless ones are eventually pruned off and never missed as new ones are grafted in. Pruned-off branches soon wither and die, being cut off from the circulating, life-giving sap. Likewise, if a hand or foot is cut from the human body the severed member perishes, or if it is kept inactive in a cramped position it goes to sleep, gets numb, loses its ability to move. The blood in which is the life fails to circulate to those parts, fails to bring in new food supplies and carry off waste matter. So it is with Jehovah’s visible organization. All must associate together, get the life-giving spiritual food that God circulates to his people through the organization, get the new truths that take away old ideas and the admonition that keeps down queer personal ideas, all of which keeps us fresh and strong and active, seeing eye to eye and fighting shoulder to shoulder. Don’t become a withered branch or a paralyzed foot. Don’t amputate yourself from the organization and commit spiritual suicide.—John 15:1-8.
  • TheListener
    TheListener

I'll see if I can get a copy of this mag. this evening.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Perhaps they're about to do away with the loophole known as FADING!?!?!?!

That will rock some apple carts!!!

• blondie
    blondie

*** w97 3/1 p. 24 "Instead of Gold, I Found Diamonds" ***

How marvelous it is to see millions of people from all nations flocking into Jehovah’s organization and being taught how to survive through the great tribulation into God’s new world!

w92 9/1 p. 23 Jesus’ Sheep Listen to His Voice ***

Jesus truly does know his sheep and is gathering them into his organization for survival into his new world of righteousness.

w89 9/1 p. 19 Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium ***

Only Jehovah’s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil. (Revelation 7:9-17; 2 Corinthians 4:4) They will make up the "flesh" that Jesus Christ said would be saved through the worst tribulation of all human history. As it was in the days of Noah, said Jesus, so it would be in the day when He would be revealed. Inside the ark that took many years of organized effort to complete, only eight human souls survived the global Deluge. They survived as a united family group. (Matthew 24:22, 37-39; Luke 17:26-30) Noah’s wife corresponds to the bride of Christ, and his sons and daughters-in-law to Jesus’ present-day "other sheep," who have grown into an increasing great crowd, the final proportions of which we do not now know. (John 10:16) For survival into the Millennium under the Greater Noah, Jesus Christ, they have to remain organized with the anointed remnant, "the chosen ones" on account of whom the days of the "great tribulation" will be cut short.—Matthew 24:21, 22.

w86 1/1 pp. 25-26 Building for an Eternal Future ***

‘But why,’ someone may ask, ‘are there so many expansion projects when we stand face-to-face with Armageddon?’ The answer is that Jehovah’s organization does not ‘close up shop’ with the approach of Armageddon. That is ‘closing time’ only for Satan’s organization. Jehovah’s organization is building for an eternal future. Whether or not man-made structures weather the storm of Armageddon, we know that God’s organization will survive as a going concern and that Jehovah will use it and those who loyally support it, establishing eternal peace and security in the glorious earthly Paradise of God’s promise.—Revelation 7:9, 14-17; 21:1, 4, 5.

*** w84 7/15 p. 20 Build Your Future With Jehovah’s Organization ***

Never forget that only God’s organization will survive the end of this dying system. Act wisely, therefore, and make plans for life eternal by building your future with Jehovah’s organization.

*** w83 11/1 p. 30 A Joyous Dedication in Tahiti ***

Why, though, does the Society construct new buildings when the world is in such an uncertain state? Brother Barry explained that Jehovah’s organization expects to survive these troubled times. God’s people are getting equipped and organized to give the greatest witness possible in these final years before Armageddon brings an end to this system of things. And they hope that many of their new facilities will be used in the great post-Armageddon reorganization work.

*** w82 12/15 p. 27 Clothing Ourselves With Love and Wearing It ***

Those who keep clothed with love down to the destruction of this devilish system of things will be protected by their loyal God through the "great tribulation" such as this earth has never yet experienced. (Matthew 24:21; Galatians 5:22) In this way only lovers of God and of his family, his organization, will survive and enter into the cleansed earth that is to be transformed into a glorious Paradise.

*** w81 11/15 pp. 16-17 ‘Stay Awake and Keep Your Senses’ ***

Any person who wants to survive into God’s righteous new order urgently needs to come into a right relationship with Jehovah and His earthly organization now.

*** w81 11/15 p. 20 ‘Stay Awake and Keep Your Senses’ ***

Too, God’s servants have full confidence that he will keep his organization well informed, so that they can take the proper steps for survival

*** w81 11/15 p. 20 ‘Stay Awake and Keep Your Senses’ ***

Being properly informed, they know how to serve God acceptably. They do not wait passively to see what will happen. They know that the one who "does the will of God" is the one who "remains forever."—1 John 2:17.

*** w57 7/1 p. 413 Part 1: Rounding the World with the Vice-President ***

. It is now the time to get into God’s organization of peaceable ones in order to survive the end of this world of warring nations soon at Armageddon and enter the new world of peace.

*** w56 4/1 p. 208 Making All Mankind One Under Their Creator ***

For the sake of gaining more knowledge associate henceforth with the New World society of Jehovah’s witnesses. It is the only organization on earth today that is really practicing godly harmony and oneness under the one Shepherd Jesus Christ. It is the only visible organization that today offers the hope and the assurance to mankind of living through the unavoidable world catastrophe at Armageddon and surviving into God’s new world.

*** pe chap. 30 p. 255 What You Must Do to Live Forever ***

Do not conclude that there are different roads, or ways, that you can follow to gain life in God’s new system. There is only one. There was just the one ark that survived the Flood, not a number of boats. And there will be only one organization—God’s visible organization—that will survive the fast-approaching "great tribulation." It is simply not true that all religions lead to the same goal. (Matthew 7:21-23; 24:21) You must be part of Jehovah’s organization, doing God’s will, in order to receive his blessing of everlasting life.—Psalm 133:1-3.

*** w50 6/1 p. 176 Letter ***

The flood was a real physical catastrophe to the old ungodly world. The Battle of Armageddon will be likewise a physical catastrophe to this present evil world, and not something just spiritual. The ark of salvation that we enter is not a literal ark but is God’s organization

*** w50 6/1 p. 176 Letter ***

The flood was a real physical catastrophe to the old ungodly world. The Battle of Armageddon will be likewise a physical catastrophe to this present evil world, and not something just spiritual. The ark of salvation that we enter is not a literal ark but is God’s organization

*** w50 10/15 p. 382 "Be Fruitful, Multiply, Fill the Earth" ***

The ark served as a place of protection for Noah, his family and the animals he took therein. What did it picture? God’s provision for protecting his people at the present time from the catastrophe, the battle of Armageddon. (Rev. 16:16) And what is that provision? It is God’s organization, and it will serve as the place of protection from the expression of God’s wrath against his enemies, even as did the ark for Noah and his family.

*** w86 1/1 p. 14 Days Like "the Days of Noah" ***

As a place of security and survival, the ark represents the spiritual paradise that Jehovah has been building up among his worshipers since 1919. It is the condition of a restored peaceful relationship with God. It is His arrangement for preservation of the Greater Noah’s antitypical family through the "great tribulation."—Matthew 24:21; 1 Corinthians 3:9, 11; 2 Corinthians 12:3, 4; Revelation 7:13, 14.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Good point Scully, the WT says it was inspected in 1919 and passed the test, from then on they have done nothing wrong. They have fooled 6 million witnesses into thinking that this is spiritual paradise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit