Ray Franz---A Man We Owe Our Thanks To

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Celia
    Celia
    Here's a campaign idea: Make it a goal to put this book in the public library of every town that has a KH.

I did, years ago.... It was the second edition I believe....

Ray Franz is a wonderful man.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Crisis Of Conscience is a valuable work for me. It showed me that even a Governing Body member can't question the Watch Tower Corporation.

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Thank you!

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Although I knew before reading Ray's book that the Watchtower had it wrong in principle, I at least believed that they had the witnesses best interests at heart in their own way.

Peering into the moral corruption and bankrupt ethics of the governing bodys approach to the faithful put the last nail into the coffin of my fears that organization had anything to do with god.

For that, I also express my thanks to Ray for sharing his experience so that we could see such inner workings of the org. It may be true that he left reluctantly, but he did not have to share this information with anyone. What did he get from doing so, personally? Last I heard, he was not living in the Ritz Carlton... And, I don't think anyone should forget that it was his sharing the info that cost him the dearest in the long run.

When I see anyone putting him down for doing so, it really bothers me.

Jean

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

To paraphrase another saying......................

IF YOU LOVE YOUR FREEDOM (religious) THANK RAY.

HappyDad

• anewme
    anewme

What does he look like and why doesnt he post here? Is he elderly? Sorry, I know nothing about the man.
    I do thank him though.

• ferret
    ferret

I recently read CoC and it was areal eye-opener for me. I have been out long enough to know it is not the truth, but he showed me things I never knew. He deserves all of our thanks.

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, Ray is elderly--- in his 80's. But he, in my opinion, did more to further people leaving the WT. than anyone else has.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

It's a shame he doesn't post here. He'd be an inspiration to all of us.

Dismembered

• sleepy
    sleepy

I'm with slimboyfat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit