Ray Franz---A Man We Owe Our Thanks To

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I've been thinking of how all of our lives have changed from learning about this religion and getting out. Probably no one has done more to help us understand the truth about "The Truth" than Raymond Franz. Of course there were others that questioned dates, prophecies and dogma but it was Ray Franz that revolutionized the Organization. Because of him, the Organization had to rethink procedures, make up new offenses, change the treatment of disfellowshipped and disassociated ones, etc. His books showed the proof that the Governing Body was no more spirect anointed and spirit directed than we are. If it wasn't for his honest Christian approach, thousands might still be in servituse to the Organization. When others before him wrote books, they sounded angry and bitter-----but not Ray Franz. The man is in his eighties, has suffered from ill health and yet continues to be an inspiration to so many. Thank you, Ray for all that you have done. We know it wasn't easy but you paved the way!!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I totally agree. Being at a Bethel made me understand the books better.

Thanks R. Franz!

• xjwms
    xjwms

Thank you

for the

TRUTH Ray

• james_woods
    james_woods

Could not have said that better - no one could have.

Let me add also the names Marion and Ed Dunlap, both of whom were right with Ray and are both now passed on. Not an unreasonable bitter person in the whole bunch. There are still a few relatives alive keeping the flame whom I do not mention due to family issues.

Great religious humanitarians all -

James

• Mrs.Congeniality
    Mrs.Congeniality

Thank you Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. My parents helped us kids out and they talk highly of you all the time. Thanks again!!!!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

1. Raymond Franz did not leave the organisation on a conscience issue, he was thrown out against his will by GB committee.

2. When they were meeting to decide whether to throw him out, he did not say "I am leaving anyway" - he fought to the last to stay.

3. If he had been successful, and the GB had allowed him to stay, is there any doubt that he would have gone on to support all the policies he later denounced in writing?

And those are just the issues that arise from reading his own version of events...

• minimus
    minimus

SBF, you've said this before. I do know that many of us who have held positions within the Organization felt for a period of time that perhaps things could change or we might be able to make a difference---somehow. To think Ray Franz might not believe that his being there in Bethel could still help others is not beyond the realm of possibliity. Remember, all of these older people were being thrown out of their homes with no place to go and no real skills in the outside world. That HAD to be frightening.

• undercover
    undercover
    When others before him wrote books, they sounded angry and bitter-----but not Ray Franz.

This is why I own his book, Crisis of Conscience. It is very well written without coming off as the "wacko apostate" that we were led to believe that he was.

If JWs and JW apologists see only the anger, bitterness and militant attitude, they will only see what the WTS has said about "apostates" as being true. But when someone comes along and uses logic and common sense to reason out why the WTS is wrong or points out the mistakes made without the attitude, it can help someone with hidden doubts to maybe take a look. It worked for me that way.

• minimus
    minimus

I believe a great number of Witnesses have doubts that they couldn't share with another Witness for fear of being put out for questioning the Organization or apostasy. Regarding Franz' ability to cut through the bull, he uses all Watchtower sources to back up what he says. The Watchtower kills itself by their own words!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

if you are lurking ... order his book or go the library and see if they got one ... you will happy you did.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0914675044/104-3046067-3538312?v=glance&n=283155

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit