When you were an active JW would you have had this sticker on your car?

by ObservingTexan 24 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, I don't like bumper stickers of any kind on my vehicles. I even resent the park stickers that are required in some states. I like the ones that hook over the rearview mirror like disability tags.

Blondie

• Honesty
    Honesty

I suppose this just about sums up my thoughts about the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses:

• SickofLies
  • looking_glass
    looking_glass

I always thought stickers were a no-no. But I do remember one the meccas to Bethel and Bethel had a pen that said something like "serve Jehovah daily" ??? something like that. We (my family and I) thought they were so tacky that we gave them out to friends as gifts and laughed hysterically when the person opened their gift and within it was the pen, they didn't know what to do ... do I act excited that I got this wonderful pen or do I say what I think WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU!

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Hi limbogirl:

my parents would put the mags on our car windows when driving to conventions.

Did they count time for the "window witnessing"?

LOL

ESTEE

• free2beme
    free2beme

No, because Jesus was not that important.

• Hawkeye
    Hawkeye

OMG

I can't imagine riding in a car with watchtowers and awakes plastered in the windows!!!! How embarrasing!!!!

I was always a speed demon on the interstate to and from the conventions!

That's funny!!!!

• dvw
    dvw

i am not sure if this is true. but, my dad told me he saw a bumper sticker (in the 1950's) that read "follow me to the convention at pontiac mich. my mother in-law (who is a dub) said she remembers them. she thought they were approved by the society. maybe a life long dub would remember?

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

Hi Estee-

I'm sure they counted the entire drive back and forth to the convention as "time"....actually, they probably counted four or five entire days as these conventions were usually far from home and I'm sure that our car sitting in a motel parking lot plastered in mags brought people into da troof in droves. Gawd, my childhood was such an embarrassment .

• willyloman
    willyloman

Why would an organization with a giant sign on the upper floors of their building in Brooklyn (Read God's Word The Watchtower Bible Daily) condemn bumper stickers?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit