When you were an active JW would you have had this sticker on your car?

by ObservingTexan 24 Replies latest jw friends

• ObservingTexan
    ObservingTexan

I saw a car today that had a bumper sticker that said "I JESUS". Considering what is taught by the WTS about Jesus would you have ever put a bumper sticker on your car with this message?

OT........

• luna2
    luna2

Dubs wouldn't want to be confused with "Christandom" by talking about lubbing Jesus. Now, if it said Jehootie instead of Jesus, that might be different.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Most of the JWs I knew ridiculed such bumper stickers about Jesus. As for me, I'm just not a bumper sticker kind of guy.

W

• ferret
    ferret

No I hate bumper stickers of any kind. but I do remember when the dubs were putting YHWH on their cars and it was stopped by Brooklyn headquarters.

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

when i was a kid my dad had YHWH on our car. I forgot about that until reading this post. Recently I saw a vanity plate that said, JAH LOVR --- I wonder if that belongs to a jw. Big SUV in California.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I knew a witness who had vanity plates (DMV registered license plates) that read:

I JAH

Even as a witness I rolled my eyes ...

-Aude.

• chok
    chok

I didnt think we were allowed to have stickers like that! If it said ' I Jehovah' then that would have been acceptable i think.

Then you would be identifed as a true JW!

Tash

• undercover
    undercover
    I do remember when the dubs were putting YHWH on their cars and it was stopped by Brooklyn headquarters.

I remember that. I remember a couple of dubs in the hall had that on their back windows.

I also remember all the dubs putting WTs and Awakes in the back dash of their 4 door cars or taping them to the back glass on their station wagons on the way to and from out-of-town conventions. Even as a kid, I thought that was dumb. How could you speed past elders and get away with it? (back then, the final talks would caution everyone about obeying Caeser's traffic laws and showing Satan's world just how law-abiding we were.)

I knew a witness who had vanity plates (DMV registered license plates) that read:

I JAH

Even as a witness I rolled my eyes

Somebody at one hall I attended had similar plates. Even when I was active I was embarrassed for them and by them. I avoided riding in their car with them for service. Other dubs oohed and aahed over it and how "clever" it was and what a witness it was to others in traffic. I tried hard to not roll my eyes when ever the subject came up.

(But then I got counseled for having a rebel flag plate on the front of my truck)

• Clam
  • limbogirl
    limbogirl

undercover: thanks for the memory...my parents would put the mags on our car windows when driving to conventions. (along with the aforementioned YHWH stickers). geez...we must have looked like freaks. and to make it even better they would do the witnessing thing at all of the gas stations we stopped at along the way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit