Yesterday's Tower

by 5thGeneration 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

""If you're invited to a dinner party at my house,...you can have as much booze as you want, I'm not your mother or your baby sitter.""

Except the court may hold you responsible if someone drinks to the point where they are drunk, leaves your home and get involved in an accident. You provided the "booze"!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

My wife noticed the fact that the picture of "recreation" was actually people working at the kingdom hall. Now there's some doubblespeak.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Guess what my graduation present was from my mom and dad? A fieldservice bag. I just threw it away a couple of years ago.

Ken P.

• delilah
    delilah

Good one Terry... "Circle jerks". Minimus, this was a band way back in the day.....

• LDH
    LDH

LOL @ Ken P.....

That made me snort Ken, I don't know why.Oh, who am I fooling. Hell yes I do. When I graduated high school, the "must-have" item of the times was a NWT bible with a Reasoning Book BOUND RIGHT INTO THE FREAKING COVER!!!!!!

I must admit, I fell for it too although I did not pay extra to have my initials embossed.

PS, beep beep, I probably wouldn't mind so much if said person maimed or killed you in said alleged drunk-driving accident.

Lisa

• greendawn
    greendawn

It shows the entangling sensitivities of a very legalistic organisation that seems to have more in common with the judaic religion and the letter of the law rather than christianity and the spirit of the law. The letter kills the spirit revives.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    PS, beep beep, I probably wouldn't mind so much if said person maimed or killed you in said alleged drunk-driving accident.

I think maybe someone did - he doesn't seem to have posted for awhile.

• geevee
    geevee

Bit off topic, but Danny Hazards picture is kinda funny. Barber may have lost some marbles, but he still has an eye for the ladies........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit