In preparation for the Memorial...

by Lilycurly 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Someone here has posted a verse no too long ago, but I can't find it....I think it was from John...and it clearly said that everyone who wants to be saved needs to partake. (or something similar)

I think it would be one verse we all should know in case we meet a JW around Memorial time.

Also...any of you remember what was their explanation for that? The more prepared we are, the better.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

John Chapter 6 talks about "eating his flesh" and "drinking his blood". But JWs will find some way of twisting it, saying the NT is primarily for the "annointed".

W

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

It's sad really, all those millions of JW's going to a passover celebration, and Jesus isn't even their savior. I would think they would create some special ceremony for the Great Crowd, so that they could show homage and honor to the Faithful and Discreet Slave who is their savior. Perhaps they could pass around some Watchtower and Awake mags, and each Great Crowd member could tear off a page and eat it? The Society could break out the secret edible paper recipe from the Cold War era, though I'm at a loss for what they would drink......Watchtower Kool-Aid perhaps?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Perhaps they could pass around some Watchtower and Awake mags, and each Great Crowd member could tear off a page and eat it?

I wonder if they would count this as a placement™.

W

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Hehehe, but it could still shake a few minds...I mean, they really do try to do every little thing that Jesus did and said to do...but why not that?

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    I wonder if they would count this as a placement™.

Damn straight! A crafty JW might return to the laundromats and hospital waiting rooms where he left his plethora of placements, scoop them back up (the ones not used to scrub the floor, or tossed in the trash) then return to memorial with them and count DOUBLE placements. I think someone might make elder with those kinds of stats!

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Okay, found the verse...chap6:53....and they can't say it's only for the 144 000..because it goes on and says that those who do it will be ressurected in the last days. And weren't we told that the 144 000 went straight to heaven when they die??

• Honesty
    Honesty

Is this the one you are searching for?

John 6:53 So Jesus said to them, “ I assure you : Unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you do not have life in yourselves.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Yes! Thanks Honesty...do you happen to remember how the JWs twist that one?

• Honesty
    Honesty

Sorry. I see you have found it.

Yes, the Watchtower cult teaches that the 144,000 who are part of the mystical annointed are raptured right straight up to Jesus when they leave good 'ol terra firma.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit