SUICIDE 'permanent solution to temporary problem'

by DannyHaszard 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Some positive affirmations: "there is a (good) life after the Watchtower cult" "well living is the best revenge" The prodigal son story is not a self-fullfilling prophecy Never forget,"suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem" JW shunning prompts self destructive behavior with suicide by HIV virus HIV 'bug chasers': Fantasy or fact?
    BBC News, UK - 21 minutes ago
    ... on the net is just that - talk, which previous reports seem to have taken at face value - in the programme, Dyer also interviews an ex-Jehovah's Witness named ... Partial excerpt below,click link above for entire article. [...Though much of the bug chasing talk on the net is just that - talk, which previous reports seem to have taken at face value - in the programme, Dyer also interviews an ex-Jehovah's Witness named Chris, who is HIV negative. (he doesn't have the virus and is NOT infected) Chris says that as he is engaging in a great deal of unprotected anal sex. He knows he will become infected and has made a conscious decision to welcome it into his life. HIV diagnosis In the course of filming, Chris is diagnosed HIV positive and in an on-camera interview tells his story. Chris came out as gay to his parents 14 years ago and was told he would be dead in the eyes of God and the Jehovah's Witness community if he embraced his homosexuality. Chris chose to leave home and live as a gay man. Though he engaged in a great deal of unprotected sex for years and welcomes the "inevitable" arrival of the virus, he says he is not a bug chaser. "I wasn't scared of the consequences of getting HIV," he says. "But by accepting it, I'm going to take the sting out of its tail." ------------------------- Danny's topic for the board how has the Watchtower cult's shunning shame device affected those disfellowshiped and do you know of any suicides because of it?

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    "well living is the best revenge"

BTW I just bought a customized brand new automobile for myself with Jehovers money

• carla
    carla

In the past 30 days or so here, haven't we seen 3 suicides and one attempt? (maybe one was on anther board?)

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

The only suicides I have know of personally, all dealt with people who were not JWs. Within five years I have seen: one adult woman who was expecting her first grandbaby, she had commited fraud and it was catching up to her, a woman who had been diagnosed with CP and was in a lot of pain and two college age students who just could not handle the daily pressures any more. I don't believe it is a condition just suffered by ex-JWs or people questioning the JW faith. There are sites specifically geared for those who have lost loved ones due to suicide because of the guilt that those left living their lives experience. I think everyone would agree regardless of the faith, it is a very sad thing to experience.

• jstalin
    jstalin
    I don't believe it is a condition just suffered by ex-JWs or people questioning the JW faith.

I don't think anyone's saying that. But it does appear as though ex-JWs have a higher suicide rate than the general public.

It's sad that both the watchtower society and society in general create such an environment for gays that this sort of thing happens. What a waste.

• DannyHaszard
  • Watching the Watchtower
    Watching the Watchtower

It's rather sad, I think it has to do with the fact that people feel like they have no where else to turn. I personally know two people that have committed suicide because of the b"org".

- WTW

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

The program on BBC that highlights that example that Danny posted is on BBC3 tonight at 9pm for all you in the UK. It will be interesting to see what's said.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

The people who have died around me either by instant suicide or slow suicide, well, there have been several factors besides the obvious emotional despair. They still had the JW belief system which basically tells a person;

When you die you die, so end the suffering now. If you kill yourself now the worst that can happen is Jehovah may not "remember you" after Armageddon. What hope was there? Well lets see, stay in the truth, survive Armageddon, and bury 6 billion dead bodies amongst around 6 million Dubs, IF they all make it. Oh joy. What hope

If anybody here has had these thoughts, it is a permanent solution to a temporary problem !

You may feel that there is no way out. You may have all your family in the truth. Please listen; You can lose EVERYTHING, and still find joy, LOVE, happiness. The WTBTS has tried to convince us that the world is a bleak dark dangerous place. NOT true. You may think it is too late for you to start over, NOT true.

The world is a BEAUTIFUL place. Each new day is a gift, wrapped in gold with a silk ribbon waiting for us to open to see the blessings inside. Sometimes the gift may be wrapped in brown paper with gum stuck to it, but the contents inside are STILL wonderful! A new day, a blue sky, the song of happy springtime birds looking for a place to nest. A childs smile in the grocery store. The kiss from a loyal beloved dog. PRECIOUS things!

If you think; she has no idea how bad my life sucks...let me tell you...I have seen some pretty bad days. Danny has had some pretty bad days. YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN YOUR PAIN.

Just believe, there is good life, after the Kingdom Hall. You are NOT damaged goods. You are worthy of being LOVED unconditionaly, and if you will believe and open up to it, love will find you. The darkenss will pass. It did for me, it will for you. Love~Kate

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

I took the suicide survey, I am missing something I'm sure, how do we get the results?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit