Hello I'm new

by noni1974 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• noni1974
    noni1974

Hi all I'm noni1974.I joined awhile ago but I have not posted at all.I have been around.Some may know me some may not.I just wanted to say hi.

A little history of me.I was born in.I got baptized at 19 years old and left at 23.I am Dissacociated.I've been free for 8 years.I am not shunned by my parents.I am lucky by most standards.I have one sister and one brother.Both are in.My sister shunns me a little.She lives in a diffrant state than me so we don't talk all the time.But when she visits here I am allowed to see her sons.They know me as Auntie Noni.The last time I spoke to my brother was in January.He shunns me totaly.

I would rather be shunned than live a lie.So hello to all here.Nice to meet you.

• vitty
    vitty

Hi noni and welcome aboard

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome to the forum Noni, you are indeed lucky that your parents don't shun you as most JW parents are misguided enough to shun their JW children.

You will find that many ppl on the forum can readily relate to your situation whenever you want to express how you feel regarding the JW experiences.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Hey Noni -

Welcome. My family does not shun me either. I know how bad some people have it with that, but fortunately I have not experienced it.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

Welcome Noni!

glad you joined in on the board. I have some family that shun and some that don't. It's so hard to deal with the shunners.

I hope you stick around. You are very right though. It's so much better than living a lie.

-freedomlover

• anewme
    anewme

Hello Noni

• ferret
    ferret

Hi noni1974 WELCOME to the board, hope you keep posting.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Hi Noni,

Glad you had the courage to post. It gets easier each time. Welcome.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Hello Noni. It is an honor to have you here.

I would rather be shunned than live a lie.

You said it all !!!

• noni1974
    noni1974

Thanks all for the welcome.I've been around for sometime I just didn't post here.I went on the internet last year.I won't say where because I know it's against the rules of this site.But I know a few people here already and I wanted to say hi.

I have not had the chance to speak with active witness online at all.So when I found out some are still in I wanted to come here and introduce myself.I sometimes have questions.Active witness may be able to answer.

I have only been to one meeting in 8 years and I only went because my friend wanted to go but not alone.I am going to the memorial this year because my Mom needs help going to the bathroom and I want her to be happy.She's been in a nurseing home and is 60 miles from where we live.I don't try to tell her it's a cult.I figure living by example is good enough.If I didn't go to help her she would not be able to go.My stomach has been upset for days thinking about going back to the KH.It's the same one I went to before I left so many people will know me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit