should I disassociate myself or wait to get disfellowshipped?

by Mrs.Congeniality 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mrs.Congeniality
    Mrs.Congeniality

My closes friend asked me today if her and her husband should just go ahead and write a letter of disassociation or wait to be DF. Many months ago I talked with them about 607, etc. all the things I was finding out. They quit going to meetings in Dec. 2005 and have been getting visits and call and have been avoiding them. The last time an elder talked with them was about 4 months ago and he came up with so many bogus answers to their questions. They have come to realize many things wrong just like most of us on here. They are tired of living everyweekend on edge wondering who is going to stop by. What is your advice as to what they should do?

Thanks

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Toss the elders off the property once or twice tell them if they call again you'll file for harassment... You'll be fine!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the board Mrs.Congeniality.

Do they have family that they don't want to lose? That can make a big difference to what they may decide to do.

Chris

• Mrs.Congeniality
    Mrs.Congeniality

Its not so much family that they have but my husband and I are not sure what we want to do because we have my husbands family that are in the false. I am one of the few fortunate ones who has a family that is always posting on this site. We all left the false together after my parents informed us about their false findings

• ObservingTexan
    ObservingTexan

What they or anyone else does in this situation depends on whether they want to CONTROL the situation or let a bunch of self-righteous, logs in their own eye fools control the situation for them. Personally, I say take charge. Write the letter and let the chips fall where they may. It won't allow the elders to exercise their love of power through the DF process.

• greendawn
    greendawn

If they intend to leave while being critical of the org they should disassociate that's if they don't want to fade away so as not to lose touch with friends and family that are still in the JWs.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I actually went on the offensive. I'd have to think it was more fun than waiting for them. Witnesses were already shunning me, so I had absolutely nothing to loose. Once you do that, you can just forget about them coming around to see you. I met an elder in the mall, and he RAN away from me. Hahahaha!!!

They are gutless. That's the reason they pack up in two's and three's. They run and rut like alley dogs.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    They are gutless. That's the reason they pack up in two's and three's. They run and rut like alley dogs.

I've never heard it said more accurately.

JWs run from me too, and it always makes my day.

W

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

Personally, I want to wait and let them get rid of me just because I'm asking questions. That way I can say I didn't "ask for it". Who makes the decision, when you've asked to many questions? Love you're use of the "false" instead of the "truth"! Keep up the good work...we're proud of you both.

Little Bo Peep

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

One of the biggest breakthroughs I made on the way out was this: These men only have as much power over your life as you allow them. When an elder shows up on your doorstep, it's your choice as to whether or not you'll speak to him. The problem many of us have are the polite societal constraints we've been raised with. It's very hard to be "rude", and JW's take full advantage of this. Just remember that those same elders have no problem with the idea of stepping over your dead body as the birds pluck out your eyeballs, still think they're worthy of polite conversation?

I also like your use of the term "false" instead of truth, I'd like to use that with your permission?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit