Well they FINALLY CALLED!!!!

by Lady Liberty 24 Replies latest jw friends

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

LL - my hubby put the Judicial meeting up that was recorded by the Townsends under a thread he started. He is ithinkisee. You and your husband will really enjoy listening to it.

• Honesty
    Honesty

It is incredible that anyone who reads this thread could come to the conclusion that the Jehovah's Witnesses are not a cult. All it takes is a mind. Unfortunately, too many JW's have turned their minds, souls and hearts over to the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

But I told him I have more info. on how the Society misrepresented Grayson's words in the Insight book (thanks LL!) and he wants a copy ASAP! He said to my hubby - "ya know, if all this stuff isn't true and I decide to not follow it anymore, I need to have all my proof here so that I can help others as well!" WOW!!!! we were floored. He's still going to meetings, and wants to be reappointed as an elder but he is slowly seeing things for what they really are. This was from a man who 2 months ago was begging us just to fade quietly so my brother and sister would still talk to us. Now he's starting to understand why it's SO HARD to not DEFEND yourself when you're pushed into a corner!

Dear Freedomlover,

I am SO.......happy for you!!! This 607 issue, truely is the "Key" to getting our loved ones to really think!! My heart is really touched, at the prospect of them really examining things. I will get that data from Grayson posted tonight. I know I said I would do it yesterday, but I don't have a scanner here at home, and wasn't able to make it into the office. My husband and I were just talking, about how just like in a court of law, in order to make a decision wether or not something is truthful, you need ALL the facts. And that is just what we are doing. We are gathering all the data from BOTH sides to determine what the facts really are. Anyhow, please keep us posted as to how things are going!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

LL - my hubby put the Judicial meeting up that was recorded by the Townsends under a thread he started. He is ithinkisee. You and your husband will really enjoy listening to it. Thank you Freedomlover & Ithinkisee!! We are listening to it now! Sincerely, Lady Liberty

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Lady Liberty,

I recommend sticking with JUST 607 BCE. You know it by heart. I strongly encourage you to take a very careful approach to questioning from them. Please don't answer anything without considering the worst possible thing they could make out of your answer.

Anything off the 607 BCE topic they ask can be responded to with, "Well, I am really not trying to think up reasons to doubt. I have a serious concern over one issue, why are you bringing up more things for me to wonder about? Do you want to help me understand this, or are you trying to raise doubts in my mind about other things?"

You might even muse aloud, "I am surprised you would fish around for other concerns I might have and risk encouraging me to adopt more concerns. I would think this one was big enough without you trying to add to it."

I didn't do this, but I should have. If I had used this approach, my family might still talk to me now. I am apparently some years away from GaryBuss' enlightened "Bah! Who needs 'em!?" approach to JW family.

Also, don't forget the Daniel 5:26 kicker. The marginal reference links straight back to Jeremiah 25:12. And the 70 years was the time for Babylon's greatest dominion, not for the conquest of specific nations, according to the Isaiah's Prophecy book. (Volume I, p. 253, par. 21) What's good for Tyre is good for Jerusalem.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit