David Willis

by Junction-Guy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well its finally time I cast away all remaining reluctance from my JW days. Most everyone I have met in person knows me, but this is only the 2nd time Ive ever come forward with my identity on an XJW board, and frankly Im at a point in my life where I no longer could give a rat's rear end if anyone finds out. Im an open opposer of the WT Society and everything it stands for.

Darin Willis is my brother and Moncie (Monica) is my mom. We were all born and raised JW's, even my Grandma. Our whole childhoods and lives were affected by this cult, and I cant remain silent anymore. My Mom was treated harshly by the JW's after she was disfellowshipped and never fully recovered from it. She worked hard trying to support us while growing up with very little education. We were dirt poor most of our childhood, and Mom did the best she knew how, with very little help from my Dad. We children suffered and did without alot because of the JW- no college stance. My Mom tried to better herself but met alot of resistance from the Elders in the congregation. This cult nearly destroyed my Brother and I, I was told this by my stepgrandma ( a non-JW). I am now 35 years old and just starting to live life again, everything about my life was based on their 1914 generation lie, My marriage, my lack of education, and the list goes on. I am now separated from Amanda and Im starting my life brand new with a new outlook on life. I no longer fear Armageddon, and I no longer feel that the timeclock on civilization is running out. I can do what I want to do, and be all I can be. There will be some major changes from me this year, as I will be starting over in life with a renewed happiness. The JW cult robbed us of so much, but we still have love in our family, Im thankful for that. I remain firm in my stance that I will use whatever legal means to expose the JW cult, I will not forget the children to this day who are still trapped in mental bondage within its walls- I was there once, and it was a miserable way to grow up. David WIllis-Cultbuster

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

brave post - excellent

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thanks Stillajwexelder, Yes Ive finally cast away all fears, and know full well that my Dad could find this out, but I cant remain silent anymore. Someday soon I will confront my Dad about all of this, and I hope I can control my temper. There's so much I want to tell him, I want to let him know what a wreck his religion did to our lives.

Dave

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Good on ya Dave.

I hope to do the same one day. For now, it's better to stay undercover to be able to help my family out.

Cheers

Chris

• freedom96
    freedom96

Best wishes to you.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

David that must feel so liberating. Good on you mate. I hope that it produces the effects you are seeking.

• evita
    evita

Hi Dave
    That took some courage. I know you still have some difficult times ahead as you make your break from the JW's but I hope good things start happening for you.
    Eva

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thanks everyone. Eva, I actually made my break from the JW's 12 years ago, but I've suffered the side effects for many years. I was never baptized, but a born-in, and my youth was torn apart every which way and eventually led into a disastrous marriage and young adulthood. Im starting my life anew, and looking forward to positive changes ahead.

Dave

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Dave,

I wish you the best!

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Good for you!!!

Swalker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest