DF'ing... Worth avoiding, or...?

by Gregor 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

Every time I log on I read posts from those who are desperately trying to avoid disfellowshipping. Playing cat & mouse with elders and JCs, etc. I don't want to judge people whose situations I don't know anything about. But I think it would be helpful to others to hear exactly WHY some want to avoid this so badly, not to second guess them, but to understand the circumstances they face.

With some it might be something like having loved ones that would be broken hearted. It might be pragmatic reasons like housing, income, etc. With others it might simply be like the fear of going to the dentist, even though you know you should go. Anyone like to share?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

if i were df'd my ex husband would use my "dead" status as reason enough to disapear with my younger children. reason enough to avoid being df'd.

• luna2
    luna2

I'm not avoiding it, I just can't be bothered. lol

I will say, though, that if my son had chosen to stay a JW, I would probably do my best to avoid being DF'd. He's my only son now and I couldn't bear to lose him....but I'm lucky cuz he thinks the JW thing is a crock.

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

I manuvered my own DF, how many people can say that?

• lola28
    lola28
    With others it might simply be like the fear of going to the dentist, even though you know you should go.

That's me.

lola

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    With others it might simply be like the fear of going to the dentist, even though you know you should go.

That's me.

aren't you the person that is starting an ex-JW dating site?

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Gregor,

Why some of us don't want that label, is so we can still be free to occasionally associate with our family and friends, hopiing to intime get them to think as well. If we have a "Apostate" label, they will most likely NEVER listen, let alone ever have anything to do with us again. I am SO.......................beyond ready to be Df'd/D'ad, but, part of me sees a need to try to avoid it if possible to help others I love and care about.

Sincerely,

L.L.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Also, many of us here abided by the whole DF/DA thing at one time. We know how people treat others. Most likely none of use were mean, but we know what JWs think and how the would actually treat someone who is DF/DA. I think most people would like to avoid conflict if possible. So most people who try to avoid it are doing it for numerous reasons.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Thank you all. I respect and appreciate every response, especially yours, Lola! LOL!

Love to hear some others

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Family in da troof would shun me - I would not be able to go to my childrens weddings in Kingdom Halls. There is a STIGMA associated with Disfellowshipping

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit