Anyone can give a quick overview of Circuit Assembly?

by stillAwitness 22 Replies latest jw friends

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Mine was this weekend but so is the annual music festival so sacrifices had to be made. I know there were some threads on this already but I can't seem to find them.

Anyways, I know dear old Mom will be there to ask me: "What points did you bring home from the assembly."

Come to think of it: I don't even know what the theme was this year!???"

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I attended Saturday afternoon of a one-dap special assembly. I typed my notes in "Word". Will try to paste my notes of the Bethel representative's last talk. Hope it goes well.

Moving Ahead with Jehovah’s Organization -

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Well it didn't go well. Sorry!

• free2beme
    free2beme

Just say these things ...

CANNED ANSWER

They really focused on putting Jehovah first and that we need to not grow cold and weak in these last days. There was some experiences on people who have had some troubles, but put Jehovah first and trusted in him and things are getting better. They pointed out that people will hate us one day, and pulling free of nonbelievers now will keep us evenly yoked in the end days to carry on threw it. Also they mentioned how it is key to remember prayer and not be fooled by Satan's world of faults information, in forms like the internet that is full of Satan is trying to pull you away. They even had a couple mention how overuse of the internet, nearly ruined their marriage and more important, their relationship with Jehovah. Overall, it was very encouraging and sister such and such is pregnant now and remember that little boy "place name here" he is a ministerial servant now and engaged to be married.

Sorry, spent a long time behind the Witness bars.

• Mary
    Mary
    Anyways, I know dear old Mom will be there to ask me: "What points did you bring home from the assembly."

Here's an overview:

9:30am - Music

9:45am - Opening Song and Lengthy Prayer

10:00am - 12:00noon - Morning Brain-washing on the following topics: 1) You're not doing enough for the Organization; 2) Armageddon is right around the corner; 3) Stop Fornicating for God's Sake!; 4) Going to University Increases Masturbation; 5) Don't F**king Question Us If You Know What's Good For You.

12:00 - 1:30 Crappy sandwiches, luke warm coffee and and Association with all the other Drones there

1:45pm: Ga-Ga Music

2:00 - 4:30 - Afternoon Brain-washing on one of the following topics: 1) The Internet: How Bill Gates Got the Idea Right From Satan; 2) School of Gilead and The Richard Simmons Work-Out: Which Is Less Popular With Christians? 3) How To Abanddon Your Family In One Easy Meeting; 4) Why Are You Still Fornicating When We Told You Not To?; 5) Pensions and RRSPs---Why Christians Should Avoid Them.

4:30: Song and Closing Prayer..........this is pretty much how they've all been for the past 10 years!!

Hope this helps!

Actually, you may want to check with Richie Rich.......the poor kid still has to go I think...........

• blondie
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    CANNED ANSWER

They really focused on putting Jehovah first and that we need to not grow cold and weak in these last days. There was some experiences on people who have had some troubles, but put Jehovah first and trusted in him and things are getting better. They pointed out that people will hate us one day, and pulling free of nonbelievers now will keep us evenly yoked in the end days to carry on threw it. Also they mentioned how it is key to remember prayer and not be fooled by Satan's world of faults information, in forms like the internet that is full of Satan is trying to pull you away. They even had a couple mention how overuse of the internet, nearly ruined their marriage and more important, their relationship with Jehovah. Overall, it was very encouraging and sister such and such is pregnant now and remember that little boy "place name here" he is a ministerial servant now and engaged to be married.

lmao! That was great!

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

That would fit perfectly on the back of an "I went to the Circuit Assembly, and all I got was..."-shirt.

• Mary
    Mary

I just spoke to my dad, as it was their assembly today. Apparently only TWO people got baptized today. And guess what? Both were born into the "Truth"----they weren't converts. Gee, that's got to seem real encouraging to the 1,000 + that have spent tens of thousands of hours out in Service eh?

• luna2
    luna2

Arrrggggh, Mary! You're killing me here. LMAO!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit