Sleeping at assemblies and conventions

by free2beme 45 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

The funny thing is that I usually would start to daze off at the conventions, except for last year. So much that was coming from the platform about organizational loyalty seemed so insulting, that I sat there in a state of awake disgust.

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

I couldn't sleep even if I wanted to...pantyhose were too binding, feet hurt from tromping up and down stairs in high heels, I refused to use the restroom at the assembly as the smell factor was so bad...I've never been in women's restrooms that were as disgusting as those at the assemblies. ugh. I just sat there in absolute misery looking at the program every 5 minutes to see how many boring talks were left before we were able to leave. Have to say, I did love the cheese danishes....

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

No, I never fell asleep - too afraid I'd wake up drooling!

BB

• dabatgaly
    dabatgaly

i remember going to an convention in canary wharf south london indoor place , anyhoo my friend brought smelling salts to wake her up cos you would end up fighting the sleep imagine that you need smelling salts to keep you awake , i even had to use them but in the end i gave in and slept along with hundreds of others no doubt

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

i remember all the young kids with cool parents got to sit in the top rows. Then there was a talk about that and they started blocking off the top rows.

If I still had to go now, I would bring my video ipod. They're easy to disguise.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I guess I was lucky. Didn't realize it then, but now I do see how lenient Mom was. After lunch, she would make a little rolled up pillow of her sweater and put it on the armrest between us . Then she would fan me with her songbook, and the gentle slapping sound of the pages lulled me to sleep.

As long as I was discreet about napping, and didn't snore loudly or make myself obvious, where she felt obligated to wake me up, she pretended not to notice!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit