Puke-making article on WTS homepage

by yaddayadda 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

"Discipline that Yields peaceable fruit"

http://www.watchtower.org/library/w/1988/4/15/article_01.htm

Notice the blatant abuse of context in saying that the 'no greeting' treatment to be given at 2 John 9-11 (persons bringing an anti-Christ teaching to your home) should be the same as 1 Cor 5 (persons who wilfully practice sins of the flesh). They are two totally different situations.

Notice the failure also to bring in other relevant scriptures that can shed light on the matter. This reveals the lack of intellectual rigour and consistency in their interprative approach. For instance, they fail to address the fact that the Greek word used by the apostle Paul for 'stop associating with' at 1 Cor 5 [sunanamignumi - 'to keep company with, to be intimate with'] is the same word used at 2 Thess 3:14,15, which the Society uses to support their 'marking' policy. Clearly, simply greeting someone and speaking to them cordially is not 'intimate association [sunanamignumi], therefore according to the apostle paul it is just as permissible to speak to a disfellowshipped person as it is to a 'marked' person. It is only 'eating' with them, ie, a more intimate association, that is prohibited.

And notice the gloating that they are somehow vindicated because the Supreme Court wasn't interested in even considering the claim brought by the aggrieved ex-JW, as if that makes it right in God's eyes.

• Highlander
    Highlander

I love how they try and compare family discipline to congregational discipline. I'm sorry, but I'm not aware of any normal functioning families that use shunning as a

form of discipline to their children.

I can see it now. A father says to his 4 year old son. "little Jonnie, because you put crayon marks all over the wall, you have to live outside in the treefort and not speak with us

for six months or longer!"

Yeah sure, we can compare congregational discipline to family discipline, though we better be talking about a very, very disfunctional family.

• Shining One
    Shining One

The above article from the JW website shows the arrogance of this Satanic organisation...........
    Rex

• Odrade
    Odrade

Alot can change in 18 years... It's hard to sue a "secret society," but they are becoming more and more transparent.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Ok it's time to admit to how f*cked up my parents are... AGAIN!

When I was like 9 years old I shoplifted some "garbage pail kid" cards and got caught... My mom's punishment? She refused to speak to me for one week nothing, zip, nadda, nuttin, I remember thinking at the time "what are you like 6?"

Yeah this group has issues and they DO pass those issues on to their members!

• Highlander
    Highlander

She refused to speak to me for one week nothing, zip, nadda, nuttin, I remember thinking at the time "what are you like 6?"

Dude, that is really messed up.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    This reveals the lack of intellectual rigour and consistency in their interprative approach.

Lack of intellectual rigour is such the norm for the WT that it could be used to identify their sayings and thought if references were not available.

• Woofer
    Woofer

"My marriage is much stronger since I stopped associating with my disfellowshipped parents" . . .gag!!

I bet they made up those quotes and names and none of the people in the article even exist.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Stupid JWs are so deluded they think they are worth associating with. They should appreciate it when family members are willing to associate with them in spite of their fucked up cult membership. What do JWs have to offer anyone? Criticizm? Arrogance? Self righteousness? Puh-lease! I'd rather kiss a pigs ass than associate with a JW!

They think they do us a favour when they associate with us, when really the reverse is true.

W

• kid-A
    kid-A

I'm actually shocked they posted this crap on their own website, admitting publicly this revolting practice.

More confusing is why this woman would sue them to essentially "let her back in?" Perhaps she was just trying to make a political point, but if I was being "shunned" by JWs, I would consider it a blessing, not a curse!!! LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit