ESSAY WRITING: HELP!!!

by Frog 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Frog
    Frog

Hi guys, I need a little advice on where to take this essay I'm writing which is due on Tuesday afternoon! Shame on me for leaving it too late so that I can't clarify my question with my lecturere (smack the bad froggy!!)

Ok, this is the subject topic:

How may changes in mortality and life expectancy affect population size and structure in more developed and least developed regions by 2050?

Well this is where I'm getting stuck...

I've read through the UN 2004 revision of World Population Prospects and the UN seems to determine 3 categories being; More developed regions, less developed regions, and least developed countries...

And it's on the latter 2 that I'm getting stuck! Do they mean for me to write on the 50 least developed countries, or the less developed regions of the world which also includes the 50 least developed countries?? It's only a short paper (1500words), and to cover projections for the less developed regions is quite different from covering just the 50 least developed countries, although there is still considerable variables also in the latter...

I need a judgement call, because it's a major roadblock for me and I can't proceed further till I've decided one way or another.

Any advice at this late hour would be most appreciated!! much luv, frog x

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Sorry Frog,

It's nearly midnight and I've got brain strain. Defining uni questions is always difficult. Make a wrong call and you'll never forgive me. Have you a question guide handy? Better still, can you access a tutor tommorrow?

unclebruce

• Frog
    Frog

I think you're right unc, I probably would never forgive you ;) hehe...my tutor is also my lecturer :(...might shoot him of an email tonight, at least that way I can say I at last tried!

thanks unc, frog x

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

good girl, so i can sleep tonight without worrying about my less developed regionzzzzzz

'night X

• wombat
    wombat

Frog...Time to go clubbing.....It'll give you time to think....Wombat

• truman
    truman

It sounds to me like the prompt is asking you to focus on contrasting the ways that the population size and structure in more developed and less developed regions respond to the factors of mortality and life expectancy. Maybe it is not so much about whether you choose to discuss only the subset of the 50 least developed countries or a more encompassing regional view of lesser developed areas, but about applying the principles that operate in population make-up to whichever you choose. Often, if the prompts are vague, you have the freedom to develop them as you see fit, as long as you can make a good case with plenty of support for your approach. I am spending my weekend writing essays too. Good luck!

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I'm stuck on a humorous essay for my English class, afraid I won't be of much help. By the way, how's a guy supposed to right somthing humorous when he has no humor?

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

Frog PM me if you want help, I know quite a bit about this subject, I sit on an adivsory board at my Univserity that talks about ethical issues in biology and science and population comes up a lot. First of all population is growing MUCH faster in developing countries (formally known as thrid world countries but now a new politically correct term has come foward) and many developed nations are growing slowly and some even shrinking requiring them to rely on imigrants for their economy (Canada is a good example of this). The best way to control populatio growth according to the UN is education for women (as more educated women have children later in life reducing the total amount), free birth control and reduce proverty. Anyway if you have specific questions let me know!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

My call is: if you're unsure, go with the exact words of the question, which in this case is:

least developed countries
  • unclebruce
    unclebruce

HEEEELP! SickofLies is overlording me with hims educashun!!! Ahhhh!!! bro Theil.. brother Theil!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit