You mean to tell me, normal people don't get married at 17 or 18?

by free2beme 38 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

My repressed sex life in the Jehovah's Witnesses True story,i couldn't have made this up guys.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

I'm so sorry you've been through all of that, Danny.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

In my area, a particularly ferocious sister (19) had been persuing a a 17 year old. He told her he didn't want to do anything until he was done with college. So she told him he had 2 years to marry her. He told her to foget it.

So, 4 months later, she married some guy from the beach whos like 18. They are in serious debt now, only 3 or 4 months into the marriage.

Only in GOD's ORG!!!

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll
    There's one at my KH in his mid 30's who's been ogling my daughter since she was 15, introduced himself, sat near us (uninvited). ugh! I just want to kick him.

Get a friendly brother to have a word with him or strike up a conversation with him about paedophiles and dirty old men in the world. He should get the hint

• flag
    flag

Well, I got married at 15 and my husband was 19.

We were not witnesses at that time (not until 2 years later).

We are still happily married!!!!

I can say that we are the exception and not the norm so that is why I always discouraged all the girls in the congregation to marry early.

I even told one of them when she was 13 that if she married in 10 more years I will buy the cake for her weding. (she paid attention to that and she is now 23)

So I think I 'm going to give her the money instead because I'm not attending meetings anymore and I want to keep my promise.

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

Sorry Danny but the only girls I know that got married that young were NOT witnesses. Both of them WERE pregnant however.

I was 20 when I got married,my wife was 18. My older brother was 21 and his wife was 20 when they got married.

I too was born in 1957.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

The norm within the JWs is to get married at a very young age. I've seen it many a time. Someone mentioned earlier that if you are not married by the age of 25 people begin to talk.

I was not married by the age of 25, eternally single. I don't know why exactly. I think it may have been that I was too outspoken. Perhaps the brothers were afraid I wouldn't be in subjection to them. All supposition on my part. People gossiped about me. I had people ask me if I was a lesbian. True story. People would approach me and tell me how happy I must be to be able to devote my life to Jehovah as a single person. I was excluded from social events because I didn't have a partner to take along with me. It was horrible and demeaning. I thought there was something terribly wrong with me.

When I stopped being an active JW I learnt that this behaviour is not the norm. That there was nothing wrong with me. I met many guys who liked being around me and more. I met the most amazing guy who is now my boyfriend, best friend, supporter, comforter... This is what the real world is like.

• lilybird
    lilybird

When I was a JW teen in the late 1970's, everyone got married by the time they were 19, or people would feel sorry for you if you were 21 and not married.. Most got married to have sex,,they were not happy and lots of young marriages broke up in a few years.. My husband and I married at 20... we have been married 28 years.. so I guess we got it right...lol

• damselfly
    damselfly

I had two cousins get engaged while still in high school and get married a few months after graduating. One had a baby right away and struggles with money all the time as neither have an eduacation and can only get low paying jobs. The other was divorced after a few years. The whole congo saw that coming.

Whenever I see JW's out and about that married young they both look so desperately unhappy with each other, It's very sad, they're trapped.

Dams

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit