Live like you were diein'

by startingover 12 Replies latest jw friends

• startingover
    startingover

I'm just listening to Tim McGraw sing this song about this. What would you do if you were told you had a few months to live?

I personally have been reflecting on this because my mother was recently told she had a real short time. I've done alot of things in my life (even though I was a JW 40+ years of it) and I cannot think of anything I really absolutely feel I need to do. I could die in my sleep tonight and not have any regrets. What about you?

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne
    I cannot think of anything I really absolutely feel I need to do

You are so lucky startingover...I wish I could say the same. There are so many people my life affects - three great kids, my husband, siblings, mother etc...I would want to be around for them as long as I possibly could.

Something I would like to do though before departing this world, is to see my grandchildren....i'm only 39 so no hurry yet...but I would seriously hate to miss that phase in my life which is still to come.

~Beck~

• serendipity
    serendipity

If I HAD to die, I'd have no regrets either. However, I'd like to see what my daughter will accomplish and I'd also like to see the grandkids.

• JH
    JH

I don't want to die....I did't start living yet.

I haven't said my last word neither.....

• startingover
    startingover

Even though I could die right now and have no regrets, I guess I feel like I would be missing something that might happen tomorrow. With all the advancements in technology, can you imagine what it will be like in 20 years? What if they perfected the Star Trek transporter, now that would be cool. I actually feel really fortunate that I was able to live during this time period.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

I've been on borrowed time for many years now. I wasn't expected to live in 1992. I live with a set of diseases that can take my life at anytime.

Life became both serious, and other things became unimportant.

I am at peace.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    I could die in my sleep tonight and not have any regrets. What about you?

I have regrets and there are still a lot of things I want to do and accomplish in my life. I'm not ready to go yet even though I'm on the down hill slide of this aging thing.....I do try to live my life with purpose however small it may seem to others I'll go out kicking and screaming.

I've been on borrowed time for many years now. I wasn't expected to live in 1992. I live with a set of diseases that can take my life at anytime.

Life became both serious, and other things became unimportant.

I am at peace.

(((((((Kate))))))) You take care of yourself ya here! It was great to talk to you today I swear I could talk to you for hours!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I am living like I was diein'.... but then again, 'death' means little to me - just 'crossing over'.

((((( KATE ))))) <<<<

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I thought I was going to live forever...oops I was having a WT flashback...

I love the song; but I doubt I would ride a bull named Fu Man Chu.

• prophecor
    prophecor

I've always loved that song. It brought a tear to my eye the first time I really got a chance to hear it, in its entirety. The best that we can do is to prepare to die as graceful a death as is humanly possible. The paradise that's been postponed has got me to the point that I must live as if I were dying, because in actuality, I am. We all are, and for most of us, its only a matter of time.

The best that I can hope is that I might die in my sleep. I'll never get accustomed to the aspect of dying in itself, I will miss a lot of things when my hour arrives, I just hope that for the rest of these moments, I will live to die as good a death as God will permit, and that my life will leave a constructive imprint on those I will leave behind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit