Any One here interested in History??

by general 18 Replies latest jw friends

• general
    general

Hi all,

I was just wondering if we have an History Fanatics on this forum...

I am personally into the Napoleanic Wars, American Civil War, WWI, and WWII

If anyone is into history whats your favorite time era?? War?? Or do you just like it all??

Any History Channel Fanatics here??

General

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Yaou-zah! WWII / Civil War , yada, yada, yada

• JeffT
    JeffT

I love history, mostly US and general military history. I also do some writing on the subject. Two of my short stories are online at www.militaryhistoryonline.com Scroll down to where it says fiction.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I'm mostly a Revolutionary War buff. But I watch The History Channel regularly.

• hubert
    hubert

Mostly WW2, and military planes are my favorite, as you can see from my avatar.

P-38 Lightning (Fork-tailed devil)

I also like some ww1 and civil war, revolutionary war stuff, too.

Love the military channel, and History channel.

Not because I love war, I enjoy the history of it. Don't care much for fiction, especially books.

True stories about ,military, and some biographies. Oh, yes, some anti-JW books, too.

Crisis of Conscience, In search of, Releasing the bonds, Captives of a concept, and more.

Hubert

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two
    Any History Channel Fanatics here??

Here! Here!....I like ancient history going back before Jesus was born. Then from Jesus time until Columbus discovered Americas.

• Spectre
    Spectre

Not a fanatic but I like ancient world history. I guess I have the WTBTS to thank for it as I am aware of their version of history and like to read about conflicting events that are backed up by actual facts.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Since I'm a dilettante, I have a superficial interest in history, except Texas history. Yuck.

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

Quit living in the past people

Only joking i love history too. I'm into the great B.C. cultures like Sumerians, Assyrians, Hittites, Aryans, Egyptians, Phoenicians. Oh and Chinese too cos it's fascinating to read about an ancient culture that was so different from the near and far east cultures but contemporary with them.

• jstalin
    jstalin

Yeah, I consider myself a bit of an armchair historian. Favorite periods are Roman times, middle ages, and WWII. I'm particularly interested in sociology and economics in history.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit