Did You "Wait On Jehovah" & Get Disappointed?

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The Watchtower's cure-all for any injustice or question is to "wait on Jehovah". Have you had any experience showing that "waiting on Jehovah" is useless???

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I always thought "wait on Jehovah" was a copout way of saying "I have no freakin idea but I'm too much of an ass to admit it".

Josie

• calico
    calico

mrsjones is correct! When elders or friends don't have an answer to your problem, they tell you to wait on Jehovah-- or bring up that his view of time is different from ours!

So, just sit back and take the abuse!

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I don't think there is enough bandwidth to enumerate the amount of dissapointment I had from "waiting on Jehovah."

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

"Wait on Jehovah" .

Example: Why is Brother Idiot such a dick-head? How long will I have to put up with him being a dick-head?

Translation: Duh I don't know.

Does that answer your question? Twas a big D Min.

Dismembered

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, Brother D...head will be one in the "new system" too.

http://www.macgregorministries.org/jehovahs_witnesses/armagsurv.html

When I finally realized that the few elders I thought were truly honest would lie to your face to save their butts, knowing you knew and could prove they were lying, I knew that waiting for God to fix things was pointless. Time to leave. Jesus didn't try to fix the Jewish system.

Blondie

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Most R&F JWs give the same old babble speak. Any honest REASON is beyond the ability of R&F JWs. The reason is they are not allowed to have free thought or choice.

KIM

• minimus
    minimus

When an ill pioneer talks to the elders about how difficult it is to get in their time, a common response is, "Do the best you can and wait on Jehovah". Yet if the pioneer fails to get their quota in, they're deleted! If a person could figure out that the elders cannot "police" activities that go on in the bedroom between marriage mates yet didn't get that "direction" 1st from the FDS, then they're not "waiting on Jehovah". You can never "run ahead" of Jehovah or His Organization or else-------you can get d'fd!

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's a very passive and docile mentality and it's the way the WTS tries to quell all discontent against the org and against fellow JWs that famous "wait on jehovah" as if jehovah will take care of all problems that arise among the JWs. He doesn't, he expects them to solve their problems. Does the FDS really want to solve many of the problem that he creates?

• metatron
    metatron

If "wait on Jehovah" is really the answer, brother Elder, what the heck do we need you for?

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit