WAS YOUR KH ATTACKED?

by badboy 11 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

ANY TAKERS?

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Years ago, someone tried to burn down our KH. They failed, it only scorched the outside a bit. Holy Spirit prevailed.

Dismembered

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

My old one was "Egged"

Whoever did it must have been pretty pissed off

• justice for all
    justice for all

It was announced not to long ago that they were installing cameras in the parking lot of our kingdom hall. They must be worried that something might happen. justice for all

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

A couple of halls I was in had security cameras in the parking lots and entrances. They were installed because some of the cars had been broken in to. Once when I was monitoring the cameras I saw some guys without suits wandering around the parking lot, so I sent out a team of large brothers™ to ask them to leave. They left without incident.

W

• greendawn
    greendawn

It was broken into but it was thieves looking for something to steal, the dubs were saying jehovah allows these things to happen to have us tested. That's why he didn't protect his organisation's property.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Somebody once broke in to Oak Glen in OKC about 1967 or so. It was suspiciously right after we put in the electronic sound system for the first time and the elders ended up suspecting the people they bought it from.

That sound system was the source of a big contraversy - a lot of the powers of the day thought we didn't need it and it was just a waste of money. Some of these guys actually tried to claim that maybe it was Jehovah's will for it to be stolen because we shouldn't have had it in the first place. This was actually discussed and put down over the issue that we did not have insurance on it!

I was the one that found the crime scene when I drove over there one afternoon to deliver the big bag of rolled up watchtowers that came to the post office once a week - I called the cops and the PO. It was cool; I got interrogated and fingerprinted and everything - but then they put me back on the street because I looked like an honest young man.

James

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

hey what about your hall badboy? - my how posting standards have slipped! We had an Elder like that in Prospect - he'd never prepare his service meeting parts and expect the audience to do all the work

All it takes to persecute the faithful in Australia is to throw a stone on the tin roof - and run! (some JW 'attendants™' can get pretty violent righteously indignant).

Other "attacks" were a smashed window during a watchtower study (Elizabeth SA), fire crackers set off in the foyer (Prospect SA) and a hose turned on and squirted through the window (Elizabeth SA). These were all carried out by passing lads pulling an easy prank.

unclebruce

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I know it was egged a few times and kids used to use the big paved parking lot to spin out in and left black tire marks all over. Then they put a gate up.

Oh and once some one left a bunch of dog dutie on the porch. I don't think they liked JW's in that area.....

• anewme
    anewme

Our KH has cameras too, 27/7 recording the parking lot activity and the building.

During the meetings the cameras are monitored by the P.O. He has one eye on his little monitor T.V. and one eye on the platform.

This way he can see which ministerial servants and elders are late too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit