Another Martyr on the Watchtower alter........

by Gill 19 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

The HLC elder in my Mom's death either lied to my non-jw Dad or did not know she could take hemoglobin. She would have lived with that 'fraction.'

My JW siblings never told my Dad that some witnesses 'could' take fractions and others 'would not'. They were afraid he wouldn't understand and were protecting the delusion of JW "Unity".

She died over that delusional 'logic'.

Rabbit

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Kid-A I agree with you , that in comparisson, innocent children that are allowed to die for lack of blood are the real victims BUT, we're talking about a pair of 'Born-Ins' here, with ALL their family trapped in JW land. They WERE those innocent children, themselves. Their position is different from an adult who choses to become a Witness. Brainwashing, at this level may very well, in fact I believe it is in their case, impossible to change.

I have to respectfully disagree with this statement Gill: I'm one of those "born into it" Witnesses and my father is on the Hospital Liason Committee. There were many things which bothered me about Witness teachings, but the pivotal reason I left was the blood issue. When I studied blood in biology for nursing school, I realized how I had not been taught the truth about blood by the society. Further research into discrepancies I found, led me to AJWRB. It took years for me to "wake up" but at age 40 I finally did and I was as brainwashed as they come. My younger sister who is technically a JW, although inactive, saw through it at an even younger age. She is 30 now and her 6yr old daughter is currently in Children's Hospital with a blood platelet count of 13 (Normal is 200+). Tomorrow, physicians may want to transfuse her. She absolutely, without reservation, will sign for her to have a blood transfusion.

So don't give up hope on us "born in-ers" . You never know what little bit of information planted at the right time will cause someone to re-think the insanity of Watchtower doctrines on blood.

Cog

ps I'll post later and let you all know what happens with my niece.

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Cog!

That is very interesting that you saw through some of the BS.

I still, even though I SHOULD know better, still think of 'born ins' as totally brainwashed, simply because I Was.

I hope all goes well for your niece. Let us know!

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Cog,

What a terrible thing to have to wait for...I hope for the best outcome for her !

Rabbit

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Hi everyone, just a quick update on my niece, she did have to have a blood transfusion today. Hopefully, this will be all she needs and her immune system will normalize itself. If not, this could be an ongoing problem for her and an ongoing issue in my mostly JW family.

I'll update further when I know more maybe on a separate thread.

Cog

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Cog I sure wish your sister a full recovery, I'm glad she took the blood. I hope she doesn't beat herself up about it.

It reminds me why I'm here and why I constantly try to find out more about helping JWs still trapped. Just when I thought, that perhaps I would be able to walk away from the WTBTS and start to forget, I'm reminded why we can't and must not.

Gill I'll never stop trying either and this story is but one reason. Never give up. Do everything you can to reach out. Remember how many people came to us when we were screwed up in it? Not enough right? Maybe no one. I was on my own, pre -computer days too. I needed someone to tell me the truth about the UN, and everything else.

I talk to them whenever I can. I send C of C books and another book for free. I'll never stop until I'm dead. If all my efforts can help bring one Watchtower slave to freedom, or knock just one brick out out of the wall, it will have all been worth it.

We ARE making a difference Gill! ZERO growth in Industrialized Countries!!

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Cog! I'm glad all went well with the transfusion and hope the little sweet heart will have a full recovery. Glad to hear she's got such a sensible mother!

Kate! - It's so tempting after so many years to just forget about JW land. I used to cry over the fact that if I left 'da troof' my family would not have anything to do with me again. They are cold and uncaring except for my parents (stil fervent JWs) and my sister who has also recently left. But I find, I don't care about what they do and find that it becomes easier not to think about JWs UNTIL....... Every day that I'm aways from that crazy nonsense I find I get freer and freer and then I look back and see other still trapped and not only trapped....some are going to have terrible and untimely deaths over WTBTS doctrine. What a disaster!

It's like having to step back into the murk and reach out knowing that you attempts to help are likely going to be miscontrued and possible spat upon. However, we will try and we've been discussing where to start and have a plan in action already.

It's nice to see so many feel the same.

• Clam
    Clam

Cog - that's great news about your niece. Hope she makes a full recovery.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Thanks everyone for your interest in my niece. She had her transfusion yesterday and seems to be doing fine. She may need another one this week is her immunse system does not settle down and stop attacking her platelets. Surprisingly, my parents behaved themselves rather well. Aside from a few suggestions to the doctors to try alternative treatments that weren't even relevant to her condition, they didn't put any pressure or guilt on my sister. She thinks they are secretly glad her husband and her are not witnesses so their grandchild can have a transfusion.

Actually, this just makes me think they are more hypocritical. It is one thing to put pressure on another witness family re: blood transfusions, but when it comes to your own family it is another story. I have seen other instances of this double standard at work with my parents.

Cog

• Kaput
    Kaput
    But with die hard JWs it is impossible to reason. What do you think of tactics?

Send 'em to alternative therapy. The body's ph has to be almost 8 to work against the cancer. http://w3.bluegrass.net/%7Ejclark/alkaline_foods.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit