Another Martyr on the Watchtower alter........

by Gill 19 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Gill
    Gill

Every so often, I think, perhaps I'm starting to let go of any interest in the WTBTS and what it's poor deluded followers continue to do, or to suffer because of their misguided interpretation of the Bible and, well....life in general. However, my Mum called me the other evening to tell me about a former JW 'friend'. She is 48 and has just been diagnosed with a blood cancer. Her husband is on the HLC for the area and is devastated at his wife's diagnosis. There is NO WAY this couple will ever accept a blood treatment, and it looks like radiation treatment is the way her treatment will go. She's due scans this week to see how much lymphoma growths she has in her body, as she has several lumps here and there already. I took a critical look at their life. No Children. She has NEVER worked except part time from 16-20. She has NO education except up to 16. She has spent her life selling and then giving away WTBTS publications and now...because of the WTBTS doctrine, she will probably die a little sooner than necessary. Everything, just everything will have been stolen from her by the WTBTS. Her husband, was promoted to a company partner and given a BMW company car a few years ago. He was so 'ashamed' as he thought it showed his lack of faith in the New System coming 'anytime soon' that he resigned his partnership, gave back his car, and then had a break down. I've known these two since I was 15. The future for them, as I see it, is shortly, she will die. Shortly thereafter, this poor man will either have a massive breakdown, from which he may never recover, or he may kill himself. He has a very depressed character as it is. All around the world, similar stories unfold everyday. There's is just another one. More martyrs on the alter of the WTBTS 'save our face, save our bank account' doctrine of NO BLOOD NO MATTER WHAT! It reminds me why I'm here and why I constantly try to find out more about helping JWs still trapped. Just when I thought, that perhaps I would be able to walk away from the WTBTS and start to forget, I'm reminded why we can't and must not.

• Clam
    Clam

Gill what a sad and tragic story. There may be some hope for the JW lady in question, especially if her HLC husband can get together with oncology and heamatolgy consultants and learn what she can have. The HLC around here are clueless and have had hospital staff even visit their Hall to (attempt to) clarify the blood directive. Their level of knowledge was pitiful and inadequate, yet they hang around A and E or Maternity come what May. The story about wasted lives though is not only poignant but makes my blood boil. I've got some very talented people in my family who have been theocratically neutralised by this iniquitous organisation. You're right - it's not easy to forget and move on when you see so many people being spiritually abused and sacrificed on the WTS alter.

• Gill
    Gill

Hi Clam! Yes, it is a real tragedy, infact their whole lives. They wouldn't have children because they 'knew' that the Great Tributlation was 'about to start' and they didn't want to see their children suffering! She didn't want to get a job, but continued aux pioneering, because her husband 'couldn't pioneer' so she had to do her bit to help save them both. The whole concept is a tragedy. As I said to my mum: '...so if she won't have blood, what will happen to her?' The answer, 'She'll just have to die, I suppose.' Yes, that really does show respect for life, doesn't it. What a total waste!

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are another two victims of the WTS that got hit by more than the average share of troubles for being overzealous JWs, how can you leave a decent job only to enter into an extremely stressful situation and end up with a nervous breakdown? Can't they see that the org doesn't care about what sacrifices they make for the faith?

It's up to them to free themselves from the commandments of men.

• Gill
    Gill

Greendawn - If only they could free themselves. Their minds are so tightly chained by Watchtower dogma that at their age, they may actually lose part of themselves. I found it hard enough to leave when I was in my late thirties. It took about 18 months to be mentally free and then evey day I find I still lose another piece of the Watchtower nonsense. The mess they're in now, approaching middle age, lost all their opportunities and now...facing death....they will never escape. The Watchtower chains will drag them down and drown them both. What a terrible shame and tragedy. Makes me want to fight harder to bring down the WTBTS.

• ChristianObserver
    ChristianObserver

Is there any way you can get some information from AJWRB into their hands or to the hospital?

• Gill
    Gill

Hi CO! I've been thinking about this...bearing in mind that I only found out last evening what was wrong with the lady. They live about five minutes walk from me. Obviously they know that 'we don't go' any more and are faded and gone so, I can only think to put something in the mail to them. Any ideas? I think they should at least know the options and why the WTBTS enforces this blood policy as it does. But with die hard JWs it is impossible to reason. What do you think of tactics?

• kid-A
    kid-A

You cant reason with JWs this deep into the watchtower brainwashing. Honestly, if her husband even serves on the HLC, he is so hopelessly deluded into the WT b.s. that he himself is contributing to enforcing the watchtower blood ban.

If an adult JW chooses to die, it is tragic, but ultimately a choice they are making. Its simply suicide, even if they consider it "martyrdom"....

The bigger crime is when innocent children, born into the cult, are sacrificed by their own PARENTS on the watchtower sacrificial alter.

• Gill
    Gill

Kid-A I agree with you , that in comparisson, innocent children that are allowed to die for lack of blood are the real victims BUT, we're talking about a pair of 'Born-Ins' here, with ALL their family trapped in JW land. They WERE those innocent children, themselves. Their position is different from an adult who choses to become a Witness. Brainwashing, at this level may very well, in fact I believe it is in their case, impossible to change. If any thing is said to them that is anti blood ban, they would just consider it a 'privilige' to be furthur tried and persecuted by Satan. I WANT to give them knowledge about AJWRB but it could be a case of 'pearls before swine'.

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli
    Honestly, if her husband even serves on the HLC, he is so hopelessly deluded into the WT b.s. ...

Not always, though this is usually true. Some former HLC members are now part of AJWRB. I was a born into "the truth" person who became enlightened about the blood issue. There is hope for many JWs to eventually become more knowledgeable

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit