STALKED II

by general 30 Replies latest jw friends

• general
    general

As I was studying last night for organic chem the phone rang around 10:30 p.m. Eastern as I predicted it would. When I answered it was my mom on the other end, again as I predicted. Afterall, it was Tuesday night, the night of Theorcratic Minstry School and The service meeting and of course I knew the elders were going to speak to my Mom about the little incident out in the Shaws Parking lot.

She told me that she couldn't believe I had the nerve to tell the elders " I was going to shoot them and that they were that close to announcing me as defellowshipped." According to my Mom, the only reason why they didn't announce me as disfellowshipped was because they first wanted to ascertain my involvement with the military if any. They told my Mom that they remember me wearing the "cheap imitation uniforms my Dad would buy for me when I was younger and are currently assuming that I was trying to impress the young worldly girl that was with me at Shaws since they have always known that I have insecurity issues...blah blah blah..and that its a conscience matter to wear cheap imitations just as its a conscience matter to work for a gun manufactuer so I can't be disfellowshipped for that"

However, they feel "90%" positive that I am officially part of the Military but they want to be sure " beyond a reasonable doubt." They told my Mom that they were "utterly shocked by my flagrant disrespect and disregard for their theorcratic authority and could only characterize my behavior as being combative, defiant, and behavior that is unbecoming to a witness."

They were also upset with my Mom that she hadn't kept closer tabs on me and how she should have reported me to them because of my dealings with worldy women. According to my mom, the only reason why they aren't going to pubically reprove her is because "they understand that I am prone to fits of rage and that I probably cowed her into silence and no doubt she feared for her saftey..." However, here is the catch 22 to all of this, they expect her to cooperate fully in the investigation of my dealings outside the organization and they will overlook her transgressions.

By this time they probably saw how upset my Mom was because I asked, "if they went off on her?"

She replied, " I thought they were extremely upset with me at first, but then I realized that they were projecting the anger they felt for you onto me."

Thats when I learned that the elders are supposed to stop by her house for a sheparding call to give her "spiritual guidance" and encouragement.

I asked her what else the elders had to say and she told me that they wanted to know where " I socialize" and " What business establishments I frequent." ( No doubt to try to catch me doing something unscripitual) They also want to talk to my sister and find out what I have exactly told her about what I am doing in my life...They told my Mom that they were going to " Going to get to the bottom of this because they can't have me bringing shame on Jehovah's organization with my decadent lifesytle."

I asked her what she told them and she replied, " There wasn't much to tell your not really around anymore so I don't know what your up to and I don't want to know either. So I told the elders I didn't know what you were up to nowadays but to feel free to find out." (Great permission to unleash the attack dogs.)

The onething I found kinda humorous is this one statement the elders made to my Mom, " That I was obviously ashamed of the truth and thats why I ran from them in the parking lot." LOL I AM ASHAMED OF THE "TRUTH" they got that right.

LoL...well I won't be a bit surprised if I see the elders in the shadows around my campus...

Allright all I am heading off to class

General

• carla
    carla

unbelievable! But thanks for serving! (assumng it is not some 'cheap imitiation' uniform)

• blondie
    blondie

Amazing how several years go by without any interest in you and now the energy and intensity of it. Is your mother going to report your comings and goings? I hope not.

Blondie

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

If it was me I would just nip it in the bud and either write a DA letter or find the elders and confront them. Telling them you no longer want to be a JW.

Maybe this will spare you family some grieve as well. Everyone knows it's just a matter of time before the DF you.

On a second note. If you are in the military, we all really appreciate the sacrifices you make to defend and protect our country. I just kills me that the JW's condemn the military but will avail themselves of all the legal rights thousands of men and women have fought for over the years.

• Mary
    Mary
    They told my Mom that they were "utterly shocked by my flagrant disrespect and disregard for their theorcratic authority and could only characterize my behavior as being combative, defiant, and behavior that is unbecoming to a witness."

Translation: They're pissed off that you don't recognize their "authority" to tell you how to run your life and it pisses them off.

They were also upset with my Mom that she hadn't kept closer tabs on me and how she should have reported me to them because of my dealings with worldy women. According to my mom, the only reason why they aren't going to pubically reprove her is because "they understand that I am prone to fits of rage and that I probably cowed her into silence and no doubt she feared for her saftey..." However, here is the catch 22 to all of this, they expect her to cooperate fully in the investigation of my dealings outside the organization and they will overlook her transgressions.

WTF?? How old are you?? Unless you're a minor, they seriously can't expect your mommy to "keep closer tabs on you". What planet are these guys from? They sound even more paranoid and strange than the average run-of-the-mill elder.

If it were me, I'd go to the police station and see if you can lay charges of harassment and stalking against these idiots. They may think they've got God's backing, but according to our laws, the only time you can follow someone, sit outside their homes, etc. is if you're Law Enforcement or a licensed private detective. I'd explain to the police that they are harassing you, making veiled threats to your mother and you either want them charged, or, at the very least, warned to knock it off, or you may pursue legal avenues that are open to you.

What a bunch of idiots!

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I thought publicly reproving someone was outlawed at the Hall? And in the Hall I use to go to family friends of mine whose parents are still active JWs and go to the Hall, have never gotten told off because all three of their kids not go any more. The only thing that they did was wait a while before they appointed the dad an elder. They said it was because they were concerned that he was not in control of his "house". Though all his kids were out of the house. One kid in particular is an open smoker and everyone knows it because he lives across the street from the Hall and they see him outside some times with a cigarette in his mouth. Which is kind of funny because he says that people that are going into the hall that know him and see him smoking just stare and keep walking with their mouths open in shock. I picture small children's eyes being sheilded by their parents "look away Johnny, otherwise your eyes might bleed". Sorry, I digress. So I am confused as to why they would be pursuing your mother to the extent that they are.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Why not do a pre-emptive strike?

Go to a lawyer, and get a restraining order... or whatever it's called... one that does not allow them to get within 500 feet of you.

See how they like the legal system - and how you can exercise your 'rights' - that they so enjoy.

Regards,

Jim TX - thinking there outta be somethin one could do to make their lives miserable...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Go to a lawyer, and get a restraining order... or whatever it's called... one that does not allow them to get within 500 feet of you.

I like that! Something that reminds those worthless elders™ of their proper place.

W

• Genesis
    Genesis

What a Lucky man you are, I wish I wouldnt have DA myself, then I would have the elders against me like you, and I could scare them to death !

Dont let them play their game dude, you are superior than them cause youre are free, counter-attack !!!

Joff

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

wow general.....you could rewrite that post and insert Gestapo for elders and it would totally work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit