"Evil Slave" or Apostate which term do you prefer used on ex-JW's?

by booker-t 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dozy
    dozy

Apostate. I only ever hear people using the expression "Evil Slave" in connection with Ray Franz or the Silentlamb leaders.

• blondie
    blondie

Proved my point, none of the SL "leaders" ever "professed" to be anointed.

• James Free
    James Free

Exactly. They really don't get it!

First, the literature is written for dummies, then it's discussed at length until the points stick in your throat, THEN the rank-and-file still don't understand! No wonder so many used to just ask their favourite elder for his opinion rather than use their own brain!

• carla
    carla

Well, let's see, this month on this board I believe we have heard about two suicides, a possible jw mom killing her disabled adult child, people who will not comfort their relatives at the time of a death due to being jw, a 17 year old who has had to turn into a 'whistleblower' (go Richie!), evidence that they allow child molesters back into positions of authority, and many other sick and disgusting things. I don't give a crap what those evil people want to call me. I would have to respect them for it to matter.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The only time I care about a label that is attached to me is when the label is used by someone who is capable of earning my respect. No one in the watchtower is able to meet that criteria.

W

• scrubmaster
    scrubmaster

I see my self as neither -- for instance if some one could say the Apostle had a problem with racism -- would this make them an Apostate? WE all know how he did not want to eat with the gentile friends when the Jewish friends were around. So we say that the society has error on things..were is this being an Apostate? Am I speaking out against some one or something, when it is the truth?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Remember that both phrases are simply used to demonize what the WTS views as a threat. Everybody does it. It's done in politics, other religions, as well as other groups. People who challenge the status quo are allways lied about. We should accept it for what it is and move on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit