Oh it just gets better...

by mrsjones5 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Poor Bumblebee! Some gift! Bet you thought it was some nice scented soaps or potpourri or lotion or peach cinnamon tea, maybe and it was just a sackful of..."litter-ature!"

EEEEEK!!

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Yep - it was a gift bag with tissue etc. I was surprised - I mean it wasn't my birthday or anything ;-). I don't know why she packaged it up that way - she's given me mags and things before. It was kind of weird.

Unfortunatly Blondie, at this time I don't think those books would do her anygood. We are kind of in a truce right now - she doesn't ask and I don't tell why I'm no longer going to meetings. Last time I mentioned something it was pretty ugly.

BB

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I've done reviews from some of those WTs. Why not select out some comments by me and others to share with her?

Blondie

Yeah I could do that but me thinks that it wouldn't have any effect other that disolving into very bad feelings. As it stands now all I want is peace.

Josie

• jonsey
    jonsey

From one Jones to another...I would get the same thing only personally when my wife and I would make the visit to N.Y. My letter came in December from mom and some decisions she had to make..then did not talk since the letter until just last week and I think that it's a wrap. I was told "What else is there to talk about?" My brother did actually send me literiture, but it got tossed before it came in the house.

Jonsey

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Earlier this week I was talking to my mother and she said that since she has turned 62 (on April 6) that she has adopted the attitude of not letting things upset her like they used to so when I told her that I didn't read watchtower or awake magazines it really didn't bother her.

I didn't believe her. I think people tend to mention things when they have been playing on their minds and Mother was none too pleased when I told her I had no interest in reading the society mags. But if she wants to believe it really doesn't bug her, fine...I know it does.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit