When any of you became inactive how did you let your family know of this?

by Chico86 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Chico86
  • vitty
    vitty

Ive been fading for 2 years now and have just started telling some of my family that I dont go.

I dont know if it would have been better to have let them know why and when at the beginning.

I moved house 4 months ago and told my family I was taking a break before i went to my new hall. Then when one of them asked if I was going i said no, not yet. Im trying to break it to them slowly so they get used to the idea.

Funny thing is they havent asked any questions, its like they know but dont want to confront the issue, which is great for me. If they want to stick their heads in the sand.

• Chico86
    Chico86

Yeah, I live away and tell them that I go when I can. However after I attend the memorial I will break it to them and tell them I will no longer be active in the faith. I'm kind of nervous though.

• vitty
    vitty

The other thing is the reason WHY you dont go. You either tell the truth about everything youve found out and risk shunning or play being weak and depressed, which really can stick in the gut.

Goodluck

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's your life so you will decide what's best for you if this org no longer has your approval you can explain to them why so that they will know you have good a justification for your action.

Unless you want to keep a lower profile and fade away peacefully.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I went out a bit too vocally and ended up d/f. My cousin lives in another state and just didnt tell his family that he had stopped going. As he is getting less recognised as a JW he is mentioning a few things to his family, but does not want them to really know what he believes yet. The longer you leave saying anything the better because it reduces your chance of being d/f.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I put my suitcase out the window. Had breakfast. Said goodbye. Picked up the suitcase and disappeared.

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

No as It might make it worst, thats my opinion, I would wait until I'm up against the wall before doing anything...

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

We've never really had to say anything - it's been obvious to my side of the family (we lived in the same city at the time we started to fade). My mother has mentioned about going back - laid on the guilt about not seein loved ones again etc. My inlaws have heard from people they know in our city that they never see us at the hall (even though they are in a different cong).

We've been under most of the familes radar, but my bro-in-law is trying to become a MS and I think he's making it his personal mission to get us back, we'll have to see how much longer the peace will last.

BB

• TheListener
    TheListener

I sat down with my wife and said "I'm done."

I haven't had to tell anyone else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit